Tips for enduring impressions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ghostmyimag3

#16 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I have a gag reflex from hades, I let them put the tray in and leaned forward and just breathed out my nose and i was completely fine, i never gagged.
I guess its all in what you can endure. I just didn't think about it.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

newsysuzy

#17 Post by newsysuzy »

I, too, am a gagger...but this little trick helped immensely: the ortho's assistant told me to raise one leg, just a few inches off the chair, while sitting there, waiting for the stuff to harden. I don't know why, but it worked. Maybe it has something to do with the abs...or maybe I just needed something else to think about (like how goofy I looked with one leg up!). Good luck.

jadeli

#18 Post by jadeli »

Thanks so much, everyone, for the tips. I'll definitely be trying some of them out, and I hope all goes well. :)

BracedBelle

#19 Post by BracedBelle »

I was so happy to come across this thread. I gag and have almost vomited during impressions and when at the dentist for cleanings and cavity fillings. Ugh! I'll try these tips next time :D