ortho humour???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NotBob1

#16 Post by NotBob1 »

Every mouth is different. Let's not all get freaked out on this.....

Mine are all connected as my molars are my issue. allot of you do not have molar issues and therefor they are not connected. Talk to the doc....
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

invisagirl

#17 Post by invisagirl »

My lower 7s were connected after a year because one of them started drifting astray. My upper 7's are still free and I would imagine will remain so since I'm almost done with treatment. Once you get through the adjustment phase things will get easier, just give it time (hard to do I know!)

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

lionfish

#18 Post by lionfish »

joney wrote:Eek! My number 7s are on the wire and I'm starting out with an openbite, I certainly don't want it to get bigger!

Regards
Joney
My upper 7's have been on the wire since day one, and the lowers for virtually the same time. My bite opened a bit at the front (less than 1mm I'd say), but as you know, all is now closed.

BracedBelle

#19 Post by BracedBelle »

Mine have brackets but my ortho predicted he'll never wire them in. But those lower back brackets drive me nuts - my gums are irritated because the bracket is the exact same size as my tooth and it barely fits on the surface... the BACK of the bracket touches my gums. I really wish they weren't bracketed.

skyclad

now im even more confused

#20 Post by skyclad »

my ortho wrote a letter to my dentist regarding the work that needed to be done before banding. He said that I needed a root canal in #9 and he is referring to my front left incisor the one you labeled as #1?

I was already confused because my basic knowledge of dentistry tells me there are supposed to be 32 teeth in the mouth, if there are 4 quadrants then there are only 8 teeth in each then how is there a #9?

I realize that most dont have 32 teeth I know I have a big mouth and so dont have room for 32 teeth.

skyclad

yep

#21 Post by skyclad »

now i feel silly i didnt even think of it that way.