A Smashing Success - I'm Done!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

000Liv000

#16 Post by 000Liv000 »

hi. I really like your cuspids (canines). Often, people's cuspids are halfway hidden behind their laterals when their braces come off (it kind of irks me.) Yours look really good. :D

charlotte T

#17 Post by charlotte T »

WOW - Fab result!!

ishasha

#18 Post by ishasha »

Wow! Congratulations!!! No extraction---- that's just amazing. BTW, just curious, how long did it take?
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

Ives

#19 Post by Ives »

Thanks for the post and pics, looks great. I'm getting closer to starting my braces and am feeling a little apprehensive. Your results make me want to get going on my adventure. Thanks.

serendipity

#20 Post by serendipity »

Great stuff Dmourning - My orthodontist told me that I needed surgery down the track and gave me the option at the start of treatment as it would affect my treatment plan. I went aganist the surgery option and now my orthodontist says to me "I can't believe we were talking surgery for you...that would of been a bad move" So like you sometimes you really don't need it....Your teeth look great...how was the debanding?

~serendipity~
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

Mmmmuuaa

#21 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Congratulations. Those are nice looking chompers. I always love seeing the before and after photo's, they're just so encouraging.

*boom!*

#22 Post by *boom!* »

They look great!
[/url]

QKate

#23 Post by QKate »

YOUR SMILE LOOKS GREAT!!! wow. you are definately the envy of others. I have other issues in addition to misaligned bite- bone and gum loss, but a positive attitude seems to be SO important. I will someday get to where I feel really good about my smile! thanks for the story and Congratulations, you look fabuolous

chevyhuny

#24 Post by chevyhuny »

Absolutely beautiful Dmourning! :jump: What an amazing transformation. One of the best smiles I have ever seen! :thumbsup: Congrats!
:flowerbloom:
Braced years ago, now I am braced again! Crossing fingers this time around.
Damon 3s on 6 of top front teeth. Damon 3MX on all the rest.

mayday

#25 Post by mayday »

Yayyy! That's really great.

I happened to be looking at an old yearbook yesterday and one comment from a teacher went something like, "yadda yadda, miss you, etc--But you could smile more often!"

And that's definitely not the first teacher, person, to say that. It's surreal knowing all that is changing!

maple

#26 Post by maple »

Wow! Amazing results. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
Congratulations on your beautiful smile.

Thank you for the wise and honest encouragement.

Jenny5

#27 Post by Jenny5 »

WOW! What a great result! I'm so glad you posted these pictures. Right now, my ortho is trying to treat me without extractions. I have been skeptical that it would be possible, but after seeing your before and afters, it gives me a lot of hope that I might just get to keep all of my teeth afterall! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congratulations on your NEW SMILE! Yay! :D

ccrisis

#28 Post by ccrisis »

Your teeth look gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations. Seeing results like these makes me anxious to get started. Thanks for the inspiration.

kaisersosa

#29 Post by kaisersosa »

Well done, the results are amazing. If I were you it would be very hard for me NOT to have a permanent smile. :D

joplin

#30 Post by joplin »

What a lovely smile! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.