Theres got to be a better way to floss !!!!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jumbie

#16 Post by jumbie »

Joney I second that Oral B satin floss. :-* It does not shred as easily and it maintains its width to really cover the tooth.
Banded 7th March 2007
Braced 12th April 2007-Ceramic uppers
Braced 7th May 2007-Metal lowers
http://bracefacejumbie.blogspot.com

Lisa65

#17 Post by Lisa65 »

I also bought that fearsome looking Waterpik flosser, but if your gaps are very tight, it just won't go through.

becks

#18 Post by becks »

Yeah, so I got braced yesterday. Never been around anyone with braces and... :lol: I really had no clue how to use the floss threader. Being the jacka** that I am I actually thought I was to push that threader through my gumline between the teeth, from the outside of my mouth through the inside.... :oops:

Ives

#19 Post by Ives »

Your not alone Becks, I thought the same thing, but I have so much crowding that it just wasn't going to happen. I think some people could get away with that technique because of space.

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

Nervous

#20 Post by Nervous »

I had a really difficult time with flossing and the first six months in Braces I gave up on it all together :oops: . I decided to give it another shot and now I can do it easily. Although, I still have such a frustrating time with my teeth furthest back :(

ellebee

#21 Post by ellebee »

I use a water pik and I know it doesn't replace flossing but it's better than doing nothing.

In addition, I like those little dental picks. I slide the flat end between my teeth and immitate a flossing type of movement, gently scraping the tartar from each tooth at the gumline.

And a couple of times a week I put myself through 30 minutes of torture with floss of various kinds and floss threaders of various kinds.

And I'm going to the dentist every 3 months instead of 6 months while I have braces.

Elle
Spacers, Nov. 1; Braced Nov. 8, 2006; Braces off March 26, 2008, just short of 17 months. Glad it's over but the jury is still out on whether the game was worth the candle.