Braces Tmrw ... am 35 now ...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CosmicMan

#16 Post by CosmicMan »

Im 'braced' now ...
Wasnt difficult at all.
Only difficult part was ... the closed room I was asked to get into and sit
tight for a good 1 1/2 hr. Im claustrophobic. When not in my own control I panic.

The braces part was easiest. Ceramic Upper, Metal Lower. Initially I wanted both ceramic. But this forum helped me decide on the metal lower.
They are good and Lower Ceramic apparently can chip the upper tooth if one has a overbite like me.

Doctor was very patient and took away my anxiety in no time.
Im still not fully braced, I should say, My left lower set is very tight and the doc could not put a molar bracket (?) ... so still have spacers on the left. Have another appointment on 22nd. Will get my metal bracket then
and should be complete then. Also the doc said the elastics would come in at a later point.

Went in around 1:00pm and was out by 3:00 pm. Painfree I will say.
Around 9:00 pm is when the front lower teeth got sore. Cldnt bite even
into a banana. But its wearing away. Took Ibuprofen and it did wonders overnite. Feel much better now.

Work - everything is as I intended. I showed them to people b4 they asked and they have been giving lots of information as to how they went through it while they were in their teens and how unnoticeable it is and easy now.

IM VERY GLAD I GOT BRACED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those still trying to decide whether to go for it or not... my advice... You shd !!!