day 2 with braces qustion about exercise?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Quirky Girl

#16 Post by Quirky Girl »

Chloe - Good luck with your marathon! I'm not that motivated, I'm with Dawna and am more in line with 5 and 10k's. I've sometimes wondered what I look like also, Dawna. When I really start huffing and grunting, I've imagined that I look like I have a horse face, with my upper lip resting on my top braces and the lower lip just under the bottoms, I must look like I have really big teeth. :tingrin: Parr, LOL, I have to remember that line the next time someone asks why I got braces. Pooh, glad to hear that you're back on track with your running.

Miss Smiley

#17 Post by Miss Smiley »

I remember going to the gym to meet my trainer the day after being braced. I think he went a little easier on me since I had to change my diet for the time being. I was upping protein shakes to replace the meat I couldn't chew.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

knittingbag

#18 Post by knittingbag »

I run too. I took a week or so off when I first got my braces. Then I got back to it. It hasn't been a problem other than my mouth is more dry than I'm used to. So I drink more water.

Chloe1

#19 Post by Chloe1 »

Ooh protein shakes - that's a good idea. I'll remember that for the week after I get my new wire. When I first got my braces even pasta hurt to eat. They say it's never that bad again but we'll see!!

Metal Mouth Pooh - I noticed you are in Atlanta. I am doing the Thanksgiving Day half on Thursday. Have you ever run it? I am sooo looking forward to it - mostly because we are staying in Buckhead tomorrow night :HugeGrin: Shopping, dinner can't wait!!!!

I feel the same way about my lips resting on my teeth. I'm feeling a little bucktoothed anyway since my teeth have started loosening up. I'm sure I look like a mule jogging down the street - oh well!!!

Quirky Girl

#20 Post by Quirky Girl »

I had my first adjustment last week and it wasn't as bad as I expected. :o I've had very little discomfort and went for a run the very next day. I hope that you're pain free after your first adjustment also.

METALMOUTHPOOH

#21 Post by METALMOUTHPOOH »

Chloe1

I havent run that race but I volunteer each year! So I will make sure u have plenty water or powerade :wink:

Good Luck and be sure to write me back and tell me how u did :-**

Plus have tons of (money) oops I meant fun in Buckhead :wink: [/b]

Chloe1

#22 Post by Chloe1 »

Too funny Pooh! When you see someone in an orange Auburn Tigers shirt and black shorts jog by with a glint of metal flashing from the bottom row of teeth that will be me! Thanks for volunteering and have a super Thanksgiving!!!