I have been braced!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mommynbraces

Foods

#16 Post by Mommynbraces »

Is it really that difficult to eat steak, carmenl and chew gum? I am a gum chewer, I think it is a habit like bitting finger nails. How long have you been eating soft foods? Is there a diet change with each adjustment?

becks

#17 Post by becks »

MomNBraces, I can tell you first hand that eating steak is not happening..at least not a first. Granted I've only been braced for 8 days now and am still sticking with soft food. Everyone's different though. Haven't tried gum or caramel yet though I'd imagine it'd be a sticky mess.

I'm not self-concious about it with strangers but I am with people I know who didn't know I was getting braces and are seeing me with them for the first time. You see them looking at your mouth but not wanting to say anything. So I just state the obvious...yeah, I got braces. Everyone's been supportive thus far, no "why?" comments or anything.

I'm constantly checking the mirror for changes too. Not seeing any yet. Hope I do soon.

becks

#18 Post by becks »

My ortho did rec chewing sugar free gum Karen but as I said I haven't tried it yet. I'm not much of a gum chewer anyway. Whenever I chewed gum pre-braces it always seemed to stick to teeth here and there but I was really commenting more on how i thought the caramel would be a sticky mess. You know, I've been a vegetarian pretty much the last 8 days. :)