Kissing and sore teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalchic

#16 Post by metalchic »

So the old myths from high school about two people wearing braces who kiss will get "lip locked" was just a myth... :lol:

gunter8888

#17 Post by gunter8888 »

The braces lock probably is just a myth, but it makes good, teenage comedy.

Kissing, like eating, really depends on how recently I have had an adjustment and how extensive the adjustment was. For a day or two after an adjustment I prefer the gentle kisses. After a couple days most anything goes. Although, I don't like anything that pushes my lips into my brackets; that can be uncomfortable.

Its a good thing braces haven't really hindered my kissing. Going 2 years without my wife's kisses would be a punishment worse than death! :D
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

Clairey Fairey

#18 Post by Clairey Fairey »

onedayperfect wrote:
Clairey Fairey wrote:My boyfriend has braces!!

So I wonder what it'll be like kissing someone who already has braces himself!! That will be interesting!!
Again no problem, my very same position 8)
Yes, It's Fine!! (fully braced yesterday)

No problems there :D

Miss Smiley

#19 Post by Miss Smiley »

My clear, ceramic brackets aren't so smooth as they have hooks starting from the canines to molars. They hurt when I pucker up and he gives me a good night kiss on the lips. We have toned back on the crazy, passionate movie kisses because my front teeth are still sensitive to pressure. I guess it's changed a little for me, but I can't say that is the standard for all.

yse

#20 Post by yse »

I'e had mine for 3 months and there's simply no way I could kiss anyone with these things on my teeth, not even a peck. Too awkward and uncomfortable on a good day, painful on a bad one.
Oh well. It'll be worth it in the end. :roll:

ariel86

#21 Post by ariel86 »

ok! so finally i saw this guy i was talking about tonight, he just dropped me home, and we kissed all evening, and he didnt mention nothing about the braces, like i think he doesnt care, he just kissed me and it was not really different. the only thing different is that as i was kissing him i was really focusing on "not letting him feel my teeth", so i was more smooth than usual LOL. so im not worried anymore about kissing and he still wants to see me and everything... my braces passed the test! :tingrin: