To encourage the others......3 month progress pix

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wirerose

#16 Post by wirerose »

Wow! They look great and after only 3 months! I can't wait to see progress, I have only had mine for 10 days. I am really discouraged that I don't have my lowers yet. My bite is closed so they might not put them on for 9 months! = ( The lowers is where I really want to see progress. It is discouraging to know that without any braces down there yet, I can't possibly be making progress. At the same time I am grateful to be able to floss like crazy on the lowers without having to thread it through the wires! = ) hehehe

Thanks for sharing your pictures! They are an inspiration. = )

JumpTheDitch

#17 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Great progress, Lisa! :thumbsup:

Clairey Fairey

#18 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Wow fantastic, they look great :D

Amazing Progress

Ready2go43

#19 Post by Ready2go43 »

WOW Lisa65 :thumbsup: thats amazing for 3 months,looking great already,hope the remaining treatment time goes smoothly for you,imagine whe progress after 6 months,good luck
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower

gracie381

#20 Post by gracie381 »

Looking good!! Great progress!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

Clo

#21 Post by Clo »

Great idea to post these. Very motivational.
Your braces do indeed work very hard. The progress is fab !

Lisa65

#22 Post by Lisa65 »

Meryaten feel free to stick your nose in anytime :wink:

As to all the hardware, it actually doesn't irritate my mouth much. The only bit that does is where DG has to leave a few mm of archwire sticking out of the brackets at the back so that there is spare wire for my molars to slide along. Now that is dang painful and I have permanent holes in my cheeks back there. They only get a chance to heal up in the week or so before an adjustment when the teeth have taken up all the slack, then of course after the adjustment it happens all over again. :( Wax helps a bit but it's hard to cover the sharp end of wire, and it comes off when I eat anything.

ccrisis

#23 Post by ccrisis »

Wow Lisa -- that's some progress!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures, it really is an inspiration!!!!
Braced 03-09-07
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers

AngelOfLife

#24 Post by AngelOfLife »

WOW, that in 3 months? Nice!

PfectPitch

#25 Post by PfectPitch »

All that hardward looks nasty to me! What's the difference between something like this and elastics? Anyway, pat yourself on the back for your progress so far!

Lisa65

#26 Post by Lisa65 »

I don't know why DG didn't use a distal jet appliance on me. Bear in mind though that the original plan was for me to have the implants in my palate, and wire them to the Nance, which would have worked pretty much like a distal jet I guess. But because I had problems with one of the implants rejecting and was reluctant to have it replaced because of it being painful, DG had to come up with plan B.

Any molar distalization appliance, be it Jones Jig, distal jet, Keles slider, magnets etc etc has the potential disadvantage of forward movement of the anterior teeth. The only way to completely avoid that is to provide a fixed anchor. After you have absolute anchorage then almost any device should do the job and I guess it's upto the individual preference of the ortho.

My "system" is less bulky and intrusive than the intra-oral appliances such as the distal jet. The only thing in my palate is one (unused) screw and the fairly un-troublesome Nance appliance. It must surely be a lot less uncomfortable than something like a Pendex or distal jet, although of course I haven't worn one so I can't say for sure.

The use of buccal implants, however, will presumably depend on whether there is sufficient spce between the tooth roots for insertion. In my case I had a gap due to the extraction of my first premolars in my teens. The second premolars had tipped forwards into the extraction gaps but the roots had lagged behind, so there was plenty of space for a screw implant. Somebody who had not had extractions might not have the needed space.