is anyone else getting braced in june?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pixel Witch

#16 Post by Pixel Witch »

I am another June 7. I have a bracetwin!

Dimples

#17 Post by Dimples »

Hey everybody!!!

June is fast approaching! Only 18 days to go for me.

What are you all getting? I'm getting clear uppers and metal lowers.

Good luck genie!

Pixel Witch

#18 Post by Pixel Witch »

I am going all metal, because I am on a very tight budget.

:)

Genie

#19 Post by Genie »

Hi! Thanx for the well wishes, Dimples. I had 2 teeth extracted last Sat. Will be going back to 2 more extractions this Sat. Brace day will be June 2nd as proposed :) My wounds are healing well thanx to the good advice I get in this forum and on other webpages!

I'll be getting all metal too. Also on a tight budget...

artsyalice

#20 Post by artsyalice »

It is coming up so fast! I'm getting mine on the 7th! clear uppers and metal lowers...I'm so nervous!

Carolinahigh12

#21 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

I will have clear uppers and metal lowers, which is included in my price of 5450.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Carolinahigh12

#22 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

I just reschedule my dental cleaning for tomorrow :) :) :) which, as you can tell by the smiles, I am very happy about. The cleaning was what was holding up my ortho treatment start date, so now I will have that out of the way 1 week before I start my treatment. YEAH I am so happy that I have come 1 step further to the start of my treatment. I have been working on this since March, so now the true fun shall begin. Maybe I am a little too happy about the whole thing? LOL
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

alliphd

#23 Post by alliphd »

I'm getting braced June 1. A little excited and nervous, even though I've had them before.

(Click WWW link for the details!)

Dimples

#24 Post by Dimples »

I go in for my cleaning tommorrow too !

I'm excited too, can't you tell! LOL!

Laurie

#25 Post by Laurie »

My spacers go in tomorrow (May 23) and my braces go on My 29th.

Mine are all traditional metal though.

Pixel Witch

#26 Post by Pixel Witch »

ArtsyAlice:
It is coming up so fast! I'm getting mine on the 7th! clear uppers and metal lowers...I'm so nervous!
Ooh, brace triplets.

I have a Stories thread, are you going to make one? Would be interesting to compare progress, adjustments and stuff :)

Dimples

#27 Post by Dimples »

I got my teeth cleaned today. My teeth feel a little funny.

KK Cat

#28 Post by KK Cat »

insanemommy03 wrote:Hey All!!

I am getting braced on May 25th!! I am counting down the days!! I honestly can't wait to get started...

:D :D :D :D :D

Great, my very own brace twin (I was feeling lonely there for a while, everyone else seems to have one :wink: . I'm almost 40, female, living in Ireland.

I get my braces on May 25th, appt is at noon. (Note to those yet to make appointment, make the appointment for after lunch, enjoy one last meal, hee, hee. It's only this week I am realising what a silly time that was to pick! Oh well. I am really looking forward to getting started. I had 2 extractions on May 9th (both first upper bicuspids), in and out of dentists in 20 minutes, so that went well. No problems at all. I was nervous about the extractions, but it was very quick & straightforward, feels weird though.

I get upper braces on Friday and (I think) lowers on Monday. I have a 9mm overbite so get elastics on 3rd visit. Was grocery shopping today so have stocked up on "easy to eat" foods :wink: . I've been doing the salt rinses since the extractions and I've got dental wax, easy floss, lip balm, nurofen, soft toothbrushes and toothpaste in place everywhere :) (office desk, home, car, handbag)

Dimples

#29 Post by Dimples »

Hey everyone!!!

My brace day is only 11 days away, next friday!!!

How's everyone doing?

Meloho

#30 Post by Meloho »

I'm getting braces on June 5th, 1:00 pm...I'm looking forward to it because it's the final phase of my TMD treatment that I've been dealing with nearly 3 years now. After all is said and done, it'll have been 5 years of ortho treatment, but it'll be worth it to not have the pain anymore.

I'm getting metal everywhere, with a rick-a-nator cemented on top and partial braces on the bottom. Don't now the exact specs, but I'll try to do pics when they're in.