How was your overbite fixed?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dark_angel

#16 Post by Dark_angel »

4 extractions, headgear and elastics.

goldmetal

#17 Post by goldmetal »

My ortho is planning to treat my overjet with elastics. Right now, I am close to 6 months in to treatment. No mention has been made of elastics since the initial treatment plan was discussed. I am sure they are still in my future...

mizzdee

#18 Post by mizzdee »

i've had four bicuspid extractions, upper and lower, and i've been using elastics since day one..so far my overbite is almost gone

goldmetal

#19 Post by goldmetal »

Meryaten wrote:He'll want to get everything nicely aligned and levelled first, I should think, Gold :)
Yes, I think that is what he has in mind. We had quite a crooked mess to sort out, but we are getting there. :lol:

spaced*out

#20 Post by spaced*out »

sorry I haven't commented in awhile the past few months have been hectic. I am now in a powerchain on bottom and coils {springs} on top {2} I go back tuesday cross my fingers I get a powerchain on top ! I use to be scared about braces now I don't know what I would have done without them I love my teeth now and still have a lot longer to go in my treatment.I am glad to hear from so many people thanks for commenting . :D

acehigh

#21 Post by acehigh »

I started out with a 6 mm overjet....and I think a bit of an overbite also. I'm on stainless steel archwires (19/25 strength), elastics for the overjet, and a powerchain across the top arch. :D

payoki

#22 Post by payoki »

4 biscup extractions, lots of elastics and one widom tooth removed.
mother of one.

ssfw

#23 Post by ssfw »

I have a 5 mm overjet. My orthodontist suggested jaw surgery but I really didn't want to have surgery. He said he felt he could decrease the overjet without the surgery but with the surgery it would be perfect. I had to have an expander installed to correct my crossbite and he said he thought this would help in decreasing the overjet also. I have been wearing elastics since 12/2006. I also think with the overjet is also helped with the various archwires. At my evaluation appt., he said he thought he could get the overjet decreased to about 3 mm. He is also correcting my bite along with other things too. It's difficult to see how the overjet is now with the braces on but I do think my teeth are looking alot better. My orthodontist does not use headgear on his adult patients.

Good luck with your treatment.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

KatK

#24 Post by KatK »

A non-removable appliance called the pendulum for 6 months to create gaps infront of my molars. I was told today that next time they would put chains on to close the gaps to fix the overbite.
~ Pendulum on December 1st
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!
~ Palatal Bar installed May 22nd..
~ Damon clear uppers May 22 too!

spaced*out

#25 Post by spaced*out »

my ortho has told me finally what partly she was doing I had four teeth extracted where I had no adult teeth .She is pulling my top teeth towards the back and my bottom teeth forward so they should match I have a powerchain on bottom that is like 0-0-0-0 so its stronger than the last . Still the same on top , two springs and my expander which is suppost to come out on my seventh adjustment yay!!! Shes using that as an anchor to hold my molars back so they won't drift forward. Well thanks for all the comments :D

lelerz

#26 Post by lelerz »

I had a pretty noticeable overbite!

4 bicuspids extractions, springs to close the gaps/move the teeth back, and now elastics (which is where I am feeling my bite really changing).