1 month pics! woohoo!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metaljen

#16 Post by metaljen »

Meryaten, Whitters, and KK: it's wonderful to see the changes... at first I was checking out my teeth EVERYDAY for about a week, and it suddenly dawned on me, if I just take a detailed look every now and then, the delayed gratification will be better! :P Anyhow, I was surprised to see changes so fast, especially in my lowers, but definetly pleased. Things have slowed down a bit, but while my treatment is to last 22-24 months, I'm really trying to use mental energy and I'm believing for a FASTER time! I don't know if I'll get it, but I definetly think there's something to mental energy and focus :wink: But I won't be too dissappointed if it still takes 22-24 months, what's a few more months when you've been wearing them for 20, I think?

Acehigh: congrats on no extractions! LOL about the "panic button", I found myself saying "I wonder if I should have done this" especially after people kept saying "Why did you get braces, I never noticed your teeth were crooked..." My panic button was *almost* pushed on the day I went in to get the brackets placed... I almost cried! I think my ortho could tell... but he's a guy and I guess guys look at it differently. He just kept telling me that my results would make it all worth it, that once I'm done I'll never ever be ashamed to smile :D so that's what I remind myself of every now and then. Good luck with your progress, you're 1/4 of the way through! Have you posted pics?