What are you looking forward to the most?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Thathrill

#16 Post by Thathrill »

Ultimately, I can't wait to have a nice smile. I smile and laugh all the time but I would never show my teeth and when i did I was embarrassed. So I can't wait to show off my nice healthy smile.

On the day I was first braced, I was invited to a nice dinner. Little did I know there would be corn on the cob. I didn't have the patience to try and cut it. So one thing I look forward to is eating anything I want without having to think about is it banned or will spend "hours" cleaning braces.
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

MissDiana

#17 Post by MissDiana »

-Finally having a great smile.
-Not having to think about what I'm eating.
-Not worrying about fitting "braces-gear" in my teeny tiny "going out" purse in case we grab something to eat before we hit the bar.
-Finally being able to floss properly!

Honestly though, the thing I am looking forward to the most? Not having to think about my teeth at all (good OR bad thoughts) for the first time since I can remember. It will be nice to just smile, without worrying about ANYTHING!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

smile2006

#18 Post by smile2006 »

I had upper and lower jaw surgery and genioplasty along with braces. I'm almost done with my braces (July 9th hopefully they will be off). However, after recovering from surgery last July, I got what I will call the first round of what I had hoped for which is improved function (I can chew normally), improved breathing (I'm no longer a mouth breather) and improved facial aesthetics (my appearance is more symmetrical, my face is shorter and I have a chin finally). On July 9th I hope for my second round of what I hoped for out of this which is to see a big white straight smile and kiss my new husband without braces (we had dated about a month before I got my braces so he has basically known me with braces). I don't regret anything I have gone through in the past 1 1/2 years, it has given me MORE than I thought was possible with my teeth, smile and appearance. My wedding was in May, even with braces I was so pleased with photos of me, it verified again the many reasons why this is all worthwhile.....it extends my confidence and makes me feel better about myself.

acehigh

#19 Post by acehigh »

I'm looking forward to smiling a nice big smile without my top lip getting all caught up on the brackets when I'm finished smiling. :lol:

JumpTheDitch

#20 Post by JumpTheDitch »

It sounds silly but taking a bite out of an apple and not having my upper teeth marks seperate and apart from the chunk bitten out!

Not having to catch myself sitting with my mouth open and my upper teeth resting outside my mouth on my lower lip will be nice too :oops:.

But I really cannot wait to be able to eat (anything really) without having to spend the next hour worrying at the debris wedged between the archwire and my lower first molars and second bicuspids with my tongue. Can't wait!

Whitters

#21 Post by Whitters »

I'm looking forward to having a CONFIDENT smile :D . Before braces, I smiled with my lips sealed -- I can't wait to show off my new grill :HugeGrin: !
Oh, and I can't wait to have popcorn again...

iBorg

#22 Post by iBorg »

For me this has been a work of progress. I now smile and show teeth. Sure they're wired but at least they show. For so long I looked like I had left my dentures at home in a jaw that being able to see teeth is a thrill. Hopefully after my jaw surgery, they'll show even more. I don't really want the perfect smile, but anything is a major improvement. When I started that was one of the things I wanted.

I long for the pain on the left side of my face to go away. Its not normally major but it is annoying to always have a pain in your upper jaw. The other benefits of surgery makes me more anxious to be on the recovery side of that than actually being brace free.

Finally, in prep for my surgery, my ortho is returning my overjet to its original position. I look forward to eating and not dribbling food.

As for which foods I want. While the precautions of eating some things is a bit of a pain, they're just part of this stage of my life.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

CheekyMonkey

#23 Post by CheekyMonkey »

I'm looking foward to thaying thayonara to my newfound lithp

I'm looking forward to smiling at everyone

I'm looking forward to not be self concious when me lips naturally part and I know some contraption isn't gleaming out at people

I'm looking forward to not worry if there's food between my braces when I'm trying to make googly eyes at my man

I'm looking forward to getting my belly-laugh, head thrown back laugh again because I'm too self concious of all the wires in my mouth

I'm looking to not being self concious of my wired not sexy o face when I'm loving up my man

I'm looking forward to not being self concious when I meet new people and I know they're thinking "is she wearing braces"

I look forward to chew without repercussions!! I look forward to eating crunchy things with reckless abandon!!

I'M OVER THIS ALREADY!!

MetalMouse

#24 Post by MetalMouse »

Looking forward to...

Since Before Braces:
- Biting into sandwiches/hamburgers with lettuce. My teeth do not meet when I bite down, so this has always been frustrating. Braces alone has helped this a lot, but jaw surgery will make it *perfect*
- Improved profile after surgery

Since After Braces:
- Much more self confidence, especially when meeting new people.
- No more worries when eating around others. Now I'm psyched about not eating mustard or curry, and staying away from dark sodas. Sandwiches are hard to eat around others. I just want to be able to not think about eating when I'm eating! (btw I had a mustard sandwich the other day and completely forgot about it. Fortunately my next ortho appointment is less than a week away!)

All around: better smile, profile, and self-confidence :)

Dovechild20

#25 Post by Dovechild20 »

Hmm, i havent thought much on this topic funnily enough, but what im looking forward to is:

--better oral care...can get all my teeth clean and hopefully then, less cavities

--more confidence in my smile...i always used to cheese before braces but i felt mad self concious about it

--smiling proudly in my vow renewal photos and other photos after that

--being able to actually bite into something and not have to pull or yank it off, but having it chopped off cleanly in my mouth. A closed bite will rock!

--knowing that i did something for myself and committed to it and thus feeling better about myself. I put myself last so much and getting my braces was really the first time i decided to put myself "first".

PfectPitch

#26 Post by PfectPitch »

Choosing to do something positive yet challenging for ME would also be
my number one reason. It's not a "vanity" issue, either, although even if it were, it would be my decision to better myself. My teeth were being damaged, and rather than saying, oh well, I chose to head down a long road to fix it. I will be smiling all the time post-braces.

Kat

#27 Post by Kat »

I'm looking forword to lookng at someone while talking to them and smiling real big because I will have a great one, straight teeth and knowing they're thinking how beautiful I am.
HA! Conceeded huh?

Vittoria

#28 Post by Vittoria »

I'm looking forward to eating corn on the cob without having loads of junk stuck between (and on) my braces all the time... Also, there's the matter of finally having the amount of teeth I should've had but never got. Oh, and singing in concert without worrying if someone's going to notice my teeth. Oh yeah. Oh - and: no pain or discomfort!

Jennine

#29 Post by Jennine »

My entire bite was totally on my left-center upper front area. One tooth ended up dying from all the brusing and had to be root canalled.

So, I did this mostly for bite reasons, but Im excited about the way its shaping my face and lips.

And very excited to get them off, get them bleached and put on a big smile

valster

#30 Post by valster »

My reason for braces was totally cosmetic, so I'm looking forward to having a perfect smile!

(Well, my bite wasn't perfect, but my teeth "met", so I had no chewing or biting issues.)

They were, however, quite crowded. I had four extractions, so obviously needed the room!

I'm looking forward to corn on the cob, peanut brittle(!) and being able to chew a hard roll properly when I get the braces off!