*Update post 6*Getting palette expander next week...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EmbraceMe

#16 Post by EmbraceMe »

I think you're right about it getting easier as my bite improves, but yikes! This sucks!

I have been surviving on mashed potatoes, yogurt, ice cream, and Carnation Instant Breakfast since I got braces on 3 weeks ago. I have gone from 145 pounds to 133. That I am happy about :-) But I cannot see not chewing for the next year or more. I will weigh nothing by then.

Sigh....

EmbraceMe

#17 Post by EmbraceMe »

Thank you Karen. I try the search tool quite often and can never seem to get a direct hit on what I am looking for without having to weed through things that have no relation to what I want :-)

As far as the no excuse for being hungry: well, quite honestly I think that due to differences in how people adapt to their appliances, how their bite is, their pain tolerance, etc., I believe those all can affect what or how you can eat. My teeth do not touch whatsoever, therefore it is quite impossible to eat much as their is literally no way at all to chew anything. Plus since I cannot put that much food in my mouth, it slows down the eating process, which fills you up faster, therefore eating less and causing weight loss.

I am sure in time it will improve. And I agree with you on the salt water rinses. I have been doing that several times a day since the beginning and it helps a lot :-)