Do braces make you think less clearly and alter the shape of

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Boolajoojoo

#16 Post by Boolajoojoo »

I think I agree that they can sometimes effect my ability to concentrate... especially because my teeth are constantly shifting... when teeth shift and start contacting with each other differently it is distracting and annoying, I get used to them being one way and then they are different again... I will spend days shifting my jaw around trying to find what is comfortable... I dunno, it's weird. Sometimes I can forget that they are there, but I haven't gotten to the point where I can completely forget that they are there all the time... Bleh...

Boolajoojoo

#17 Post by Boolajoojoo »

*edit* Sorry, double post, computer glitched.

ss07

#18 Post by ss07 »

well im a college student thinking about braces and frankly you are all worrying me
im curious to where you found that article ThinK
i think its kind of ridiculous to link braces to grades dropping
braces really cant affect you that much can they???????? :? :shock:

jennandtonic

#19 Post by jennandtonic »

ss07 wrote:well im a college student thinking about braces and frankly you are all worrying me
As a college student, I can definitely say NO. While it can be painful at times, I've never been distracted enough for my grades to suffer.

Delag

#20 Post by Delag »

Let's not be quick to judge (Kikilo). I was researching cranio sacral (sacro?) massage a while back. If memory serves, they say that the bones in the cranium can and do shift slightly and can have an adverse effect on health, memory, etc. The use of fixed dental appliances was cited as a cause for problems in some people.

SnowSara

#21 Post by SnowSara »

ss07 wrote:well im a college student thinking about braces and frankly you are all worrying me
They haven't affected me in this way at all.

It is whatever you make of it... I browse through this forum once or twice a day to see what I can learn and if I can give advice to anyone, but that's the most I really ever think of my braces. If I weren't talking about it on here, I wouldn't be talking/thinking about my braces much at all. Maybe I'm one of the "lucky" ones, but braces haven't changed my life one tiny bit. Not the way I eat, act, smile, talk, think... etc.

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

mariahfromchicago

#22 Post by mariahfromchicago »

I noticed that too. But, it doesn't affct my thinking much.

- mariah