Does you ortho treatment include the teeth cleanings?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PARR

#16 Post by PARR »

I just came back from a regular dental appt today. Took almost twice as long as usual because the hygienist did an excellent job of cleaning around the braces with the wires in place. My dentist took a look and said, "Wow, you are going to be really pleased with the results when it's all done. Your ortho is doing outstanding work." (hope chef gets the same pump up cause it sure made my day!)

Um, no, it was not included in the ortho price. Regular dental and periodontal appts are their own contracts and charges.

lionfish

#17 Post by lionfish »

While regular cleanings weren't included in my ortho treatment, when the brackets came off one of the techs (who is a qualified hygienist) did a great job of getting the adhesive off and giving me a thorough clean and polish - but only on the surfaces on which brackets were placed. So I ended up with really great looking lowers but was left with red wine/tea stained uppers, which will have to be cleaned when I go into my regular dentist for a check.

The cat in Tim's post looks like a Scottish Fold; they have what appear to be permanently flattened ears.