Braces & Coffee

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mariahfromchicago

#16 Post by mariahfromchicago »

ahhhh... having a double double now. It hasn't stained anything. But, I'm not much of a coffee drinker. I only have an occasional coffee (with 2 creams and 2 sugars because I don't like strong coffee)
- mariah

joney

#17 Post by joney »

Actually I must say that although I don't have ligs I do have four clear powerchains and until recently I had a powerchain across my top fronts (it is a wire powerchain now). They did stain a bit and I think I had the top ones for about 8 weeks and really they weren't too bad.

The way I look at it I consider my teeth a work in progress and they're never going to look all that great until I get the brace off, so if I did have ligs on each bracket I don't think staining would bother me too much. There is no point in making yourself miserable in the experience so I would say that if you enjoy a cup of tea or coffee then carry on enjoying it just do your best to give your teeth a really good clean once day.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

SnowSara

#18 Post by SnowSara »

A nice surprise for me at debanding today - the assistant was able to polish off my coffee stains with a special burr! She used one burr to grind away the extra glue, and used another smaller polishing burr to banish away my stains and leave my teeth shiny! I'm still going to do some whitening as well, but it was nice to leave the office with a fresh, stain-free mouth! I was so afraid of having white spots where my brackets were, but it was not the case!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.