normal price?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dugsmom

#16 Post by dugsmom »

Before I moved, I lived in a little itty bitty town in ND. I saw 2 orthos...one didn't give me a price but the other was charging 5,200 for metal braces (for 2 years). This price did not include the surgery, pulled teeth, retainers or expander. I also paid $160 for consult and records.
I moved to a semi large city and saw a couple more ortho's
Ortho #1
free consult (no xrays; he just looked at my teeth and jiggled my jaw around)
Records would be $280 (not included in braces fee). I didn't go to this one
Treatment would be for 2 years and I'd be paying 5,200. He didn't say if retainers were included or not
I'd also have to have two top teeth pulled (which I'd have to pay; not included in 5,200)

Ortho #2
Free consult which included photos of my teeth and Xrays
$160 records fee (more xrays, molds)
Another free consult (treatment plan)

The cost of active treatment (2 1/2 years in metal braces) and two years of retention will cost me $5400. After 2 years, I'd have to pay $45 retainer check up visit

I choose Ortho #2 because according to him I don't need jaw surgery or teeth pulled (I would've paid way more...he's saving 2 perfectly healthy teeth and I don't have to have surgery...YAY). braces alone will fix my problem.

dugsmom

#17 Post by dugsmom »

Before I moved, I lived in a little itty bitty town in ND. I saw 2 orthos...one didn't give me a price but the other was charging 5,200 for metal braces (for 2 years). This price did not include the surgery, pulled teeth, retainers or expander. I also paid $160 for consult and records.
I moved to a semi large city and saw a couple more ortho's
Ortho #1
free consult (no xrays; he just looked at my teeth and jiggled my jaw around)
Records would be $280 (not included in braces fee). I didn't go to this one
Treatment would be for 2 years and I'd be paying 5,200. He didn't say if retainers were included or not
I'd also have to have two top teeth pulled (which I'd have to pay; not included in 5,200)

Ortho #2
Free consult which included photos of my teeth and Xrays
$160 records fee (more xrays, molds)
Another free consult (treatment plan)

The cost of active treatment (2 1/2 years in metal braces) and two years of retention will cost me $5400. After 2 years, I'd have to pay $45 retainer check up visit

I choose Ortho #2 because according to him I don't need jaw surgery or teeth pulled (I would've paid way more...he's saving 2 perfectly healthy teeth and I don't have to have surgery...YAY). braces alone will fix my problem.

spacesong

#18 Post by spacesong »

Wow, okay, I know I'm in Canada so there's a bit of an exchange rate going on, but my dentist told me that I'll have my braces on for two years and the price that I'm paying total (including metal braces, palate expander, retainer, etc.) is $3500........ lucky me!!

Karan's Mum

#19 Post by Karan's Mum »

Hi,

I've been braced from January... but I haven't paid anything except for 67 euro bill that I got last week for the brackets. The rest was paid by my insurance (I guess) but it's weird that I don't get any confirmation about it. But my ortho told me that the braces would cost about 700 Eur. So overall my braces cost about 1000 Eur :D.

TigerLily

#20 Post by TigerLily »

Well..wow! I should probably be feeling 'ripped off', but I am happy with my treatment and ortho so will not.

I am paying 4.5k sterling (or 3.5k sterling if I had chosen full metals or 4k if I'd gone ceramics on upper only but I went for ceramic uppers only). So I am paint 9k US dollars. This includes treatment no matter how long it takes but does not include retainers. I also have to budget for 3 monthly hygienist visits which my ortho insisted on at the start, although now saying not that often necessary as I look after my teeth well.

This seems high in comparison to others. Even with the ridiculous exchange rate which makes my costs double the dollar price. but she is in central London (v high rent), is v experienced and I always have personal treatment from her. And she includes things like wire ties as standard. And she avoided surgery to get good results ..only time will tell if this happens, but I am happy so far.

hank hill

#21 Post by hank hill »

i only have to pay 3750