Braces are Off!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

beachbum

#16 Post by beachbum »

Your teeth look fabulous. Congrats!

treetornkee2

#17 Post by treetornkee2 »

Congrats man. Those are great results.

KLC

#18 Post by KLC »

Wowzers!! :D GREAT progress! Pics like that keep me going! Thanks for sharing!

Just curious... I know you said the ortho didn't want to but were you given the option to have permanent retainers? I personally almost think I prefer them, no way to take them out, but their also behind your teeth, right?

Congrats on a fabulous smile!!

acd

#19 Post by acd »

Thanks everyone.

KLC,
He didn't exactly give me the option of permanent retainers; it was more like 'Plan B' if the lower teeth move with the removable retainer. The bottom one hasn't been a problem and actually after four days I've gotten used to the upper one and can talk almost normally now. I didn't want clear invisiline type retainers because I didn't want to take it out every time I drink something other than water. In the past two and a half years I went from drinking 10+ Pepsi's per day and switched to diluted Country Time lemonade. It still has sugar but considerably less than soda and I've become much more rigorous in my teeth cleaning routine.

I need to schedule a cleaning appointment with my regular dentist soon and want to ask about taking care of the chip on my upper left lateral and the lower left lateral.

kirjax

#20 Post by kirjax »

Full time for a year??

ouch!!

okay I wasn't given a time frame but everyone I talk t said 3 months full time then a must at night.

btw the talking gets better. The more u talk the better u sound

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

acd

#21 Post by acd »

Thanks kirjax. The past couple of days I've sounded much better most of the time. There are still some times when I sound like I've had three glasses of wine. Of course last night when I was at a function with my wife and had three glasses of wine the effect was compounded and people must have thought I had a lot more than three.