Nervous

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

signingsunflower

Nerves

#16 Post by signingsunflower »

Hi! I too was really nervous about getting braces. I'm not 5 months in and couldn't be happier. At first, I got teased a little at work with things like brace face and metal mouth, but I took it all in stride. I smile a lot more and have a lot more confidence now. I am so excited about the progress I have seen in just 5 months. I still have about 2 years left....can't wait to see the end product. Any pain that I have experienced is now forgotten. I don't even think about my braces anymore unless I see a picture of myself or I am brushing my teeth.
Check out my blog by clicking on www.
Initial Consult/Molds: 9/10/08
8 Spacers: 10/17/08
Brace Day: 10/24/08
First Adjustment: 12/5/08
Sentence: 2-3 years

oharabrat

nervous again

#17 Post by oharabrat »

thank you all again for your responses. they have been comforting. Im now 3 days away from spacers and getting the cold footies again. Im touch and go 50/50. not a fan of the unknown...lol. i like my side profile and am worried I wont like it after braces.

i know im whining again. and i know there is no way of knowing what i will look like after but allowing me to vent my concerns and worries here in the forum has been a blessing.

thank you all for the read.

hal2me

#18 Post by hal2me »

Hello, I was very scared also. Twice I had almost called and canceled. My husband kept saying to me that I had to go through with it because I've wanted it for so long. When the day finally came (3/11/09), I was still really nervous. I forced myself to go. On the drive, I listened to "Eye of the Tiger" to get me in a fighting mood. I refused to let my nerves get the best of me. My hands were shaking so bad that I had a hard time filling out the paperwork. They took me in right away. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The process took about 40 minutes. The pain was minimal. Now, I am a 34 year-old woman in braces and proud of it. When you are ready, you'll get through it. Don't be scared. It is a life changing experience, but will be worth it in the end!

oharabrat

spaced!

#19 Post by oharabrat »

Well the nervousness is gone. The exicted and the new is here. I was spaced a few hours ago. The first 30 mins was wild...I forgot to take my tylenol before hand..lol. upper spaceres were done. Will do bottom after my wisdom tooth on the lower comes out.

Thank you for all your support. this site was HUGE help in encouragement when I was caught off guard and unsure about treatment. Thankyou thank you thank you.

Im going to start my journey in the braces story section. Hope to chat with you all again soon.

stacy19201325

#20 Post by stacy19201325 »

Good luck in the week to come. It probably won't be pleasant. My spacers didn't start hurting till the third morning, but that third day was bad. Couldn't even eat rice. By the end of the week I was a grumpy, hungry mess. But the braces have been on for over a week now, and I can eat pretty normally now.

So don't worry too much about it when they start hurting, and get a variety of mushy foods. My poor boyfriend had to listen to me growl about how I didn't want to eat soup and applesauce again but that's all I had :D

It gets better.

oharabrat

first 24 hrs in spacers

#21 Post by oharabrat »

no pain at all. aside from the one tooth that just had a filling fixed...is not liking the spacer...but keeping it clean is the best thing to do so far.

i will post back and let you know how day 4 is going...lol. so far no pain.

oharabrat

IM BRACED!!!!

#22 Post by oharabrat »

Got my top braces put on today. Very excited and cannot believe it is all happening. Want to thank all of you on this forum who responded to this thread and gave great advice. Really appreciate it!

Going to start a thread in the braces story. Look forward to chatting with you there.

Thank you all again for your support. With my husband in Iraq...this has been really rewarding.

thunderkat

#23 Post by thunderkat »

Congrats oharabrat :) I read your first post, feeling the exact same way, as I am getting braced tomorrow morning. I'm glad you're excited about the process, I hope I am soon, right now my anxiety over what they'll look like and feel like are over-riding my excitement. If everyone else can do it, I know I can too, and this forum has definitely helped me feel more confident too. :) All the best on your journey!

oharabrat

have fun

#24 Post by oharabrat »

thunder...i so know what you mean. i was worried and concerned about all those things. when it came down to doing it i panicked cause i loved me. I know not only will this be great in the end...ultimately it came down to the fact this all around will be better for the life of my teeth...you only get one set...lol.

have fun tomorrow. let the worries leave you. you cannot predict the unknown...just know it is a change. take advantage of that and grow with it. that is how i found comfort in moving forward. along with this great site with fab support.

keep me posted!