All done in 11 months (Before, during and after pics!)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SlimZippy

Re: All done in 11 months (Before, during and after pics!)

#16 Post by SlimZippy »

@ Francis

In my case I didn’t have an overbite to start, just a protrusion which has now been reduced.

If your orthodontist says she doesn’t recommend banding the lower teeth for the reasons you give then I would follow her advice but ask how it would affect your treatment not having a lower brace. Ideally I would want both the bite and aesthetics corrected in one go but if the overbite is only small and the function is ok, then go with your ortho and concentrate on the aesthetics of your smile.
Hope you stick with the braces this time and get a nice result!
Damon & ICE brackets for 11 months in 2010/2011 @ 34 : Before and after pictures here

francis29

#17 Post by francis29 »

Thank you for your response! The molds are fascinating aren't they?! I will stick to my braces this time! And I have no function issues with my overbite, the only issues I have had with the overbite is my upper top two teeth lean inwards (aren't in their proper place) thus the tops of my bottom two teeth have been hitting them for decades (so bottom two teeth have been root canaled and worn down) and I will need 4 veneers on the bottom 4 teeth to make those teeth perfect. When I get to 7 posts I will post my hideous smile in my thread and you can give me your expert opinion! Your teeth really are amazing you must be smiling all over town now!

Francis

chocomorsel

#18 Post by chocomorsel »

Amazing. Just amazing. This has got to be one of the best results on this website. Wow, your wider smile looks stunning. Your teeth were already so white to begin with and the result is just, wow. Congrats. Don't know if you were single before, but I bet you won't be anymore. I'm a sucker for nice smiles myself.

Sandpiper

#19 Post by Sandpiper »

What a superb result - many congratulations!! We can only hope we are as fortunate...!!
471 days in braces

[/url]

kittykel29

#20 Post by kittykel29 »

Wow!! Your teeth look great!! I bet you're so happy!! Thanks for sharing your pictures!!

nifer237

#21 Post by nifer237 »

They look amazing, and in such a short time. I have crowding such as yourself, so I am really excited now to see the results. Great smile, congrats!

seriousthinker

#22 Post by seriousthinker »

Wow, they are perfect! I'm also going down the non-etraction route after being told I'd need extractions at a youg age. Good to see that it can work out very well!

jakesmom

#23 Post by jakesmom »

Gorgeous result! And so fast! What hope you have given all of us. Does the IPR hurt or cause your teeth to be at all sensitive? I have to have it and I am just dreading it.

SlimZippy

#24 Post by SlimZippy »

Jakesmom, thank you!
Don’t worry too much about the IPR, it’s not the most pleasant of experiences but it didn’t hurt. Although I was tense and anticipating pain there wasn’t any. There is a lot of vibration and it made my whole head rattle. It sounds worse than it is but you do get to smell and taste burning tooth enamel :shock:
The rotating file can graze the gums so there was a tiny bit of bleeding afterwards but nothing that bothered me. After the filing is done, the edges of my teeth were polished with some fine grade paper in a flossing type of motion. The edges of my teeth were then coated with a thick fluoride gel and I was told not to eat or drink anything for two hours afterwards. I was told I may experience some sensitivity for a few days but I didn’t and everything was fine. I’m happy I had it done. As well as making space, the reshaping of my previous triangular teeth has made a big improvement to their appearance. :D
Damon & ICE brackets for 11 months in 2010/2011 @ 34 : Before and after pictures here

marc23

#25 Post by marc23 »

Great looking pictures! May I ask whether your teeth were somehow whitened (even before) or is this the natural colour of your teeth?

SlimZippy

#26 Post by SlimZippy »

They are that colour naturally. My orthodontist said wow when she was doing the IPR as the edges came up even brighter. They had a really thorough polish at the end to take off the glue and a little bit of staining around the lower brackets.

Maya

#27 Post by Maya »

WOW Your teeth look so perfect! Especially the condition of your teeth, it is very inspiring :o

lyphta

#28 Post by lyphta »

Wow! Your teeth are amazing - so white and so straight! Love seeing the progress of your teeth, thank you for sharing that with us! Your smile is really nice too and so lucky of you to have no extractions done. Congrats!

Lc1987

#29 Post by Lc1987 »

Wow they look ace!! Its made me even more excited about mine now :)

Enjoy your new smile!!

schar

#30 Post by schar »

Wow! Your teeth look amazing. Seriously, hope my teeth look that way when I'm out. Bet you don't stop smiling!

What's IPR, by the way?