Getting braces next week

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wanda

Re: Getting braces next week

#16 Post by wanda »

Hi I am getting my braces a week after you and just wanted to wish you luck ,sounds as though you are coping really well already , I am sure you will be glad you took the plunge, I wish I had had braces in my 20s .I bet it will be really exciting when we start to see our teeth actually moving .

Chris2785

#17 Post by Chris2785 »

So... been in top braces for 2 weeks already!!

been fine so far my lips have been rubbing a bit but that's all.

have to go back in another 4 weeks for spacers on the bottom and a thicker wire on the top.

so far so good :-)

kennyandrew85

#18 Post by kennyandrew85 »

I've been in braces just over a week now also, very little pain, I had half a day of the inside of my cheeks being cut up by the wire but that's about it, very little pain, have you noticed any movement in your teeth yet?

I wonder whether we are just lucky or some people have really low pain thresholds?

Chris2785

#19 Post by Chris2785 »

No movement so far at all? but it will take a long time i suppose!

Gonna be exciting when we finally do see movement! :D

Ems12

#20 Post by Ems12 »

You are very lucky that you have suffered little pain! I generally have a really high tolerance for pain, but I was in agony for the first 6 days...... first the tightness and headaches and then I had wires that were too long at the back and made huge holes/sores inside my cheeks!! I thought it was just part of the journey until I went for a check up after the first week and they cut the wires down, the relief was instant :) Even now after 3 weeks I had a serious case of rubbing over the weekend..... now they are fine but I have my first adjustment next week so I guess it starts all over again lol the joys!

I have noticed so much movement already in the first 3 weeks which is so exciting!

monalisamay

#21 Post by monalisamay »

Hi Chris, congrats on taking the plunge and having your smile fixed. I too am suppose to be getting braces this thurday too... Don't if that will happen though cos I don't think my spacers are creating the required space (and they're killing me). Let us know how the banding goes.

Cheers,
Mona