What is the first thing you will eat after braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ashesgap

Re: What is the first thing you will eat after braces?

#16 Post by ashesgap »

I've eaten starbursts with no problems, but the worst part is jumping up right away to rinse my teeth. It's funny because before braces I never thought about it, but with braces I some how think that if I let it sit on my teeth for two seconds I'm gonna get a horrible cavity. Rinsing right away takes all the fun out of candy.
I want to have ribs without worrying that i'm gonna scrape the bone and lose a bracket, which I think would kinda feel like ripping a tooth out.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Robot Teeth

#17 Post by Robot Teeth »

Since I don't have my braces on yet, I'm going to start planning my "last meal". Steak, chips and salsa, swedish fish, jawbreakers, and caramel apples...

seriousthinker

#18 Post by seriousthinker »

Hi,

I'm quite naughty too. Up until my last adjustment (aching at the month) I was chomping on peanut m&ms, popcorn, you name it,

As long as I'm not too sensitive, when I get this thing off I'm going to bit into a big fat burger.

ST

Foxsong

#19 Post by Foxsong »

Oh yes, microwave popcorn. I absolutely yearn for it. And Doritos. I can only eat Doritos at this point by crushing them and then sort of slurping on the crumbs, and it just ain't the same thing!

I think I'll also have a lovely salt bagel, toasted, with plain cream cheese. No way could I get my face around that at this point. :-*
Braced on 4-11-11
Progress pics: http://www.photobucket.com/bracesprogress

nifer237

#20 Post by nifer237 »

CORN ON THE COB. Lots of it. I walk past it at the grocery store every week and just glance over at it wistfully...

Foxsong

#21 Post by Foxsong »

nifer237 wrote:CORN ON THE COB. Lots of it. ...
Wow. I'm going to be able to eat corn on the cob after this! :shock:

You have to understand... I've never been able to eat corn on the cob since I was a kid with baby teeth, because my permanent teeth were so crooked.

Wow. Corn on the cob. Just... wow.
Braced on 4-11-11

Roboto

#22 Post by Roboto »

I can't wait to eat things like sandwiches normally again.. I can't really do the bite and tear thing yet :| Steak too.. mmmmm

Foxsong

#23 Post by Foxsong »

Our supervisor brought donuts in this morning and I managed to gum one to death. I wasn't sure I'd be able to, so it was an accomplishment. :wink:
Braced on 4-11-11

Marigold

#24 Post by Marigold »

Gum
Corn on the cob
Beef jerky
Popcorn (loaded with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese!)

Also: Steak, salads, and egg rolls, which I eat now but don't enjoy because I can't chew properly and most of it gets lodged in my braces.
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

Lynette

#25 Post by Lynette »

I will be happy to eat Subway without any of it getting lodged in my braces! :D

I will also be happy to eat curries without worrying about the staining... especially Chicken Tikka!

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com

o2paint

#26 Post by o2paint »

Raw vegetables!

Wendymoon

#27 Post by Wendymoon »

Will probably change my mind by the time I get there but... maybe a big bite into a nice juicy apple? Or some popcorn, or some really crunchy nachos?

klobird

#28 Post by klobird »

Well, I was just reading a book about good/bad foods. I guess Twix has as much saturated fat as 11 pieces of bacon.
KitKat is actually an OK candy bar..I can eat those now. Gotta think of something else I want--probably my neighbor's popcorn--it's to die for!

I have always sliced the corn off a piece of corn on the cob--and I love it--so no problems there!!

200books

#29 Post by 200books »

Baby Ruth

TinySmiley

#30 Post by TinySmiley »

popcorn, chips, nutty granola bars, gum...

but honestly, do you know what I will do once I get my braces off? not eat something, but put lip gloss on my lips! :shock: Ever since wearing braces, my lips are so dry that I can only put on chap stick with Vaseline and it's the only way it stays moisturized. I have several times tried my shiny, fruity lip glosses, but they only irritate my sensitive lips. So, I can't wait until I'm debraced so I can start using my lip gloss again! LOL
Invisalign: September 2009-May 2011
Ceramic Braces: May 2011-December 2011