Unexpected upsides to braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

eveiga

Re: Unexpected upsides to braces

#16 Post by eveiga »

I don't have my wires on yet but since I got my brackets I've lost 5 lbs. I find it weird tho because I've been eating nothing but ramen, chicken noodle soup and other high sodium, high starchy things. I'm expecting that I'll lose a lot more since I got my bicuspids pulled last friday.

CountessDeSangre

Re: Unexpected upsides to braces

#17 Post by CountessDeSangre »

I've definitely seen a decrease in weight but that is the OPPOSITE of what I want. Before my braces I barely broke 100 on a good day. After spacers/braces and before I did my first set of extractions I was already under 100 lbs. Second set of extractions coming up this month... I'm just going to waste away.... :(

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/