Brushing at work?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AM21

Re: Brushing at work?

#16 Post by AM21 »

At first, I was kind of weirded out about having to brush my teeth at work. Now I've come to realize that it's not so bad at all. Some might look for a split second and then they'll continue with what they were doing. Others have asked questions about it and even told me stories about when they had braces.
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

dojo

#17 Post by dojo »

I'd rather have all people brush their teeth more often that to have to breathe the putrid smell some have. Just do your business and don't worry. It is important to keep a good oral hygiene and your health is actually more important than anyone who'd be 'grossed' out.
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

armadillo

#18 Post by armadillo »

I brush daily at work and people are used to seeing me with my layout -- paper towel on the counter, my toothbrush and toothpaste, and a paper cup....

Lots of others brush at work, too, and not just those with braces. Some of them don't rinse the sink out afterwards, which I think is pretty gross, whether you have braces or not!

So as long as you clean up after yourself, it's not a big deal.

Robot Teeth

#19 Post by Robot Teeth »

methoddan wrote:Brushing, flossing is fine in the restroom sink area. I am not a fan of people doing this in a lounge/kitchen sink area, since that is wear people eat.
I agree with this.

foreverlin

#20 Post by foreverlin »

I brush at work after I eat and I don't have a private bathroom, it's one that I share with customers, co-workers, everyone. It doesn't seem to bother anyone so far! It can be a pain in the butt, but you gotta do it!!! :tingrin:

kitsune

#21 Post by kitsune »

How do y'all get your tooth brushing gear into the restroom? Do you just carry everything in your hands or do you have a little kit, box, etc.?

Brace'd

#22 Post by Brace'd »

I've started brushing at work since I got braced, keep unpleasant whiffs down. I generally have my whole bag with me after lunch, so I just stow it in there. But you could also pop it in a small, plastic lined make-up bag and just carry that down :D

Snowglobe32

#23 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I have a clear makeup bag which holds everything.

drgnchsr36

#24 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I got a nice traveling kit from my ortho that I use... pretty much has everything but mouthwash :)

Mack

#25 Post by Mack »

Is this really needed? I would have thought you could just do it after. Rinse your teeth a couple times a day should be fine.

jtsnowden

#26 Post by jtsnowden »

@Mack - rinsing just doesn't get the junk out of my braces - a toothbrush is definitely necessary...

sea54change

#27 Post by sea54change »

Jtsnowden-
You're not kidding about rinsing w/ water not doing the job. I ate a fresh peach for dessert at lunch today and just could not believe all that was stuck in my braces, even after swishing with water. I headed straight for the bathroom to brush!

Our bathrooms have drawers on one side of the sink. I leave my toothbrush & toothpaste in a case in one of the drawers. I also carry a traveling toothbrush in my briefcase and my pocket book! :D
Bottom braces: 9-1-10
Top Braces: 12-1-10, enamel
Debrace date:Top 12-12-11
Bottom: 1-5-2012

BracedSurgeryStudent

#28 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I work at a grocery store/Supermarket and I have to wear an apron despite only being the bagger of the customer's groceries and food. I put a travel tooth brush that I got from my orthodontist, and a travel sized tooth paste that I got from the dentist and I put it in the ride side pocket of my apron. Works like a charm.
Jenn Medeiros

belistic10

#29 Post by belistic10 »

i wouldnt worry just go brush in the bathroom :) i am lucky i am at home with the kids so dont need to worry about brushing at work etc at the moment anyway. I am sure i would feel a bit awkward about it, but it has to be done :) so i guess try and get a private bathroom if you can, otherwise just use the normal bathroom area

BracedSurgeryStudent

#30 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

belistic10 wrote:i wouldnt worry just go brush in the bathroom :) i am lucky i am at home with the kids so dont need to worry about brushing at work etc at the moment anyway. I am sure i would feel a bit awkward about it, but it has to be done :) so i guess try and get a private bathroom if you can, otherwise just use the normal bathroom area

We have a staff bathroom up in the Gallery on the second floor. I go in there and its fine and all the coworkers understand even the supervisor does when Im 5 minutes late from my break
Jenn Medeiros