Who has had four premolars extracted AND all four wisdom

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Etal64

Re: Who has had four premolars extracted AND all four wisdom

#16 Post by Etal64 »

Me. I had 4 extractions when I was 16, then had lingual braces. I was non-compliant because I did NOT want braces. My gaps never fully closed. Fast forward 17 years, just got all 4 wisdom teeth removed earlier this year. Braces go on in a couple weeks. I think it’s weird that I’m “missing” 8 teeth, but when it’s all said and done there really won’t be much of a difference.

assertives

#17 Post by assertives »

Lovespain5 wrote:
assertives wrote:I had 4 wisdom teeth and 4 premolars extracted at the same time as well, and am honestly a little worried about the face collapse that everyone seems to be talking about.

I'm not that worried about removing the wisdom teeth as they were impacted and were literally on the slope of my mandible so I can't see how they had any role in even supporting my face to begin with. Also, one of them have caused a root cavity in my second molar, (my first ever cavity in my life!) so the decison to extract was much easier.

I'm slightly worried about the premolar extractions, but then, I do have a large overjet and protrusive profile (my lips actually stick out like donald duck :lol:) and my teeth looked like they were flying out of my mouth from my xrays, and I had moderate crowding too so I can kinda see why I had to get extractions.

I haven't noticed any changes to my face yet but maybe that's also because my ortho hasn't started retraction yet. I'm kinda worried about reduced tongue space and collapsed face, but at the same time, I'm also looking forward to a less protrusive profile after treatment. So many conflicting emotions. :lol:
I suffered from bimax protrusion and lip incompetence with a small chin and a convex profile, and my 4 first premolars had been extracted.
I was exactly like you when I received my extractions, very afraid to end up with any facial damages.
I was very happy when the retraction started because I saw my mouth to close properly and my chin becoming more developped.
After a treatment of 32 months of braces and 18 months in elastics, I am debraced now and even if I end up with a smaller arch all the facial transformations are positive.

Happy to hear that it went well for you!! Hopefully my treatment would would result in positive changes as well! :D

Lovespain5

#18 Post by Lovespain5 »

assertives wrote:
Lovespain5 wrote:
assertives wrote:I had 4 wisdom teeth and 4 premolars extracted at the same time as well, and am honestly a little worried about the face collapse that everyone seems to be talking about.

I'm not that worried about removing the wisdom teeth as they were impacted and were literally on the slope of my mandible so I can't see how they had any role in even supporting my face to begin with. Also, one of them have caused a root cavity in my second molar, (my first ever cavity in my life!) so the decison to extract was much easier.

I'm slightly worried about the premolar extractions, but then, I do have a large overjet and protrusive profile (my lips actually stick out like donald duck :lol:) and my teeth looked like they were flying out of my mouth from my xrays, and I had moderate crowding too so I can kinda see why I had to get extractions.

I haven't noticed any changes to my face yet but maybe that's also because my ortho hasn't started retraction yet. I'm kinda worried about reduced tongue space and collapsed face, but at the same time, I'm also looking forward to a less protrusive profile after treatment. So many conflicting emotions. :lol:
I suffered from bimax protrusion and lip incompetence with a small chin and a convex profile, and my 4 first premolars had been extracted.
I was exactly like you when I received my extractions, very afraid to end up with any facial damages.
I was very happy when the retraction started because I saw my mouth to close properly and my chin becoming more developped.
After a treatment of 32 months of braces and 18 months in elastics, I am debraced now and even if I end up with a smaller arch all the facial transformations are positive.

Happy to hear that it went well for you!! Hopefully my treatment would would result in positive changes as well! :D
Here you can find my whole story :)

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=50304
:?:-#):mrgreen: