newbie, 32 & still unsure about going ahead with braces....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DorkieDiva

Re: newbie, 32 & still unsure about going ahead with braces.

#16 Post by DorkieDiva »

Of course like everyone else on the board. I say go for it. I'm 28 and like you most people could not tell I needed braces b/c I top teeth were pretty straight, however I had an overbite and crowding on my lower teeth. If you are feeling self conscious you could always go for ceramics. I did full metal after talking to my ortho b/c I drink red wine and she said it would stain my ligs. I was extremely self conscious in the beginning, but after 3 months I don't care and I am in love with my metal mouth. Even though others don't think you need braces you know that you do and you will be so happy with the decision to improve your smile.

pidgiepops

#17 Post by pidgiepops »

Hi guys

Thanks for the support :lol:

Well tomorrow is D day for my extractions, I will have one week to recover from this and then full tracks on 7th Dec!! Im a little nervous to say the least but focusing on the future, for instance one of the teeth they are removing is my one and only crown and boy im glad to see the back of it as it just gives me jip, im constantly getting food caught in it, so thats one i defo wont miss lol

I did consider enquiring about ceramic braces but I do like coffee and would be gutted to have to give it up, this is my main vice in life ha ha, so just hoping to enjoy my xmas dinner this year as its 19 days after braces and maybe I wont gain the usual 10 lbs so all good

Will keep you posted on my progress xx

paranoidandroid

#18 Post by paranoidandroid »

I got Damon clears as well. Got braces on yesterday.

Looks wise, I do not feel it is a big deal having these braces on. Maybe it is because my upper lip covers most of the brace and it is only noticable when I grin ear to ear. I only wish I got them sooner.

I still have trouble eating food, but I guess I will get used to it.

I am 32 (almost) as well, and too the plunge :).

motoperpetuo

#19 Post by motoperpetuo »

I've got the clear braces, and so far coffee hasn't been a problem. I've been letting it cool a bit before I drink it with a straw. Or iced coffee is always an option, but that's getting tougher as the weather is getting colder!