Day one!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sibilla

Re: Day one!!

#16 Post by sibilla »

Pushing wobbly teeth with your tongue :D - the only fun there is to be had!! I can't stop doing it when one becomes lose - haven't lost one yet and they don't stay wobbly for long!

smilingweirdo

#17 Post by smilingweirdo »

Haha, I needed that laugh about wobbly teeth! I just got my braces on yesterday afternoon and man oh man am I in torture. Yes, I am very sore, and yes I look about 15 instead of 24 (my face looks younger in general, but the braces help convince further) and I just can't understand how people can go through with living with this huge obtrusive contraption in their mouths for years! I got lucky, I was quoted 6-8 months. I can't wait to get this crap out of my mouth!

However, in good news... I think I've seen movement in one of my teeth already. I know this probably sounds delusional, but I swear, it's moved!

sirwired

#18 Post by sirwired »

I know how the "looking young" thing feels. I'm really hoping that the facial imaging study I'm having a month from now as part of jaw surgery prep doesn't require me to shave my goatee. (The facial hair really helps me look my age which is 34.)

Cheryl

#19 Post by Cheryl »

Ha I'm 29 and loving the younger look!! Embrace it!! :D

Anyone else have a really dry mouth when you got braces in?
13mm overjet. Braces with lower jaw surgery and possible genio to correct.
NHS treatment in Scotland.

sibilla

#20 Post by sibilla »

Yep! dry mouth seems to come as standard! My lips kept splitting too and I thought it would never get better but, like everything else seems to with braces, it did!

Cheryl

#21 Post by Cheryl »

5 weeks and 2 days in I am absolutley delighted to have noticed movement!!! I had been taking loads of pics and comparing, and not really seeing any change.
Then today I looked and checked against old pics. My top teeth are practically in a perfect arch!! I am beyond happy!!!

This feeling makes it all worth it and I feel like I love my braces at this moment, lips too! HA!! x

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

canuck88

#22 Post by canuck88 »

Took me about 2 weeks to be comfortable with everything... I have Damon brackets.

Cheryl

#23 Post by Cheryl »

Well I'm 9 weeks in and had my first adjustment.
New wire on top but same on bottom as still some 'untwisting' to do. Was a bit achy a day after but fine now.
They put my ligatures on differently, they are now in a sideways figure of 8 on each bracket? So a wee twist in the middle of each? Does anyone know why this is? :D