Do assistants apply brackets and appliances?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tmroy79

Re: Do assistants apply brackets and appliances?

#16 Post by tmroy79 »

When I got my top braces on a few days ago the assistant did most of the work. She placed the brackets and had the ortho come in to adjust them really quickly before she dried the glue. I was with her for most of the appointment with him just checking the work. He then came in after it was all done to decide my wire too but she is the one who put it on. In his defense he is the only ortho in his practice and one of the best in our area so I am sure this is his way of making sure he gets all his patients in and out in a timely fashion.

tfischer

Re: Do assistants apply brackets and appliances?

#17 Post by tfischer »

The orthos put all my brackets on - his assistant put on the wire and ligs. When I went to my adjustment, the ortho looked at everything and told the assiatnt what needed to be done and she put in a new wire and ligs. I had the same assistant which I like because you build that respect for each other.