Today was my lucky day!!! I got braced!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

N'awlinsRach

Re: Today was my lucky day!!! I got braced!

#16 Post by N'awlinsRach »

Jerseygirl wrote:Thanks!! :) Do you mean the first few days/week are the most unpleasant part? I got the feeling it gets worse as thicker wires are put on.
But time will tell. I had them for 3.5 years as a kid and I can remember going for tightenings back when you had metal bands around every tooth. It was torture. So I anything will likely be better than that! :) I also have lived in chronic pain with various teeth hurting for whatever reason, broken teeth and TMJ spasms/headaches and jaw aches for years - so I'm hoping this discomfort will not be as bad. :)

Keep you posted!
The first skinny non menacing looking wire was actually the worse for me. My teeth actually felt better when the larger wire was snapped in, there was a lot less of the loose tooth wiggly feeling. Power chains are what has really thrown me for a loop. Wowza.

Jerseygirl

#17 Post by Jerseygirl »

I wonder if everyone gets a powerchain eventually? They sound horrible. :FeelSick:

Ceramic uppers and metal lowers
Estimated treatment time: 12-14 months

Jerseygirl

#18 Post by Jerseygirl »

Here are a few new pics of me - I'm almost 6 weeks into being braced. I think I see movement on my lower teeth as well as uppers.

Now

Before

Now

Before

Now

Before

furious george

#19 Post by furious george »

How exciting, you look great! I'm going to have the same basic setup as you and seeing how nice your braces look makes me feel better!

hopeless20312

#20 Post by hopeless20312 »

good going ma'am. The best curve is smile. Cheers and God bless.

Jerseygirl

#21 Post by Jerseygirl »

Thanks so much for the positive responses. Right now - time is kind of standing still, and I'm only 6 weeks in.
Eating is rough. Talking and smiling at times is a challenge. But I know it will all be worth it. :)

auco99

#22 Post by auco99 »

Yours are definitely moving....good going!
Uppers: Ceramic Damons, braced 1-31-12
Lowers: Metal, braced 5-31-12

spudly

#23 Post by spudly »

Hello
I am keen to follow how you go
I start this week and get my bands on - my ortho wants to do my bottom braces and then wait 4 weeks to have my top ones fitted even though I was keen to get it all done at the same time ... not sure why but maybe it will help with the pain ! :-)

OldBikerBag

#24 Post by OldBikerBag »

Lookin good, JG!

I keep peering into my mouth (must make people wonder what in the heck is wrong with me) but I'm not seeing anything noticeable yet. Maybe it's moving too slow to tell. But, the braces in and of themselves give me another excuse to sass people. Heh...as if I needed any more reasons.... :BigGrin:
385 Days in Damon Braces

overbite23

#25 Post by overbite23 »

Congrats on ur new tin grin!! Ive had mine on for a month (ceramic uppers metal bottoms) and the discomfort subsided in 7 days for me, but others arent so lucky. I had a friend who couldnt eat anything for a month!
Anywho, Im off to the ortho now for my 1st adjustment! I hope my mouth isnt as sore as it was when I first got them. Wish me luck!

nikkibabie19

#26 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Goodluck...........

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

Jerseygirl

#27 Post by Jerseygirl »

Thanks everyone - and good luck to all of you too! :)

Angel269

#28 Post by Angel269 »

Looking great. I hope treatment continues well for you.

I start my journey next Friday and am having ceramic uppers and a removable bite plate too :shock:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Jerseygirl

#29 Post by Jerseygirl »

OldBikerBag wrote:Lookin good, JG!

I keep peering into my mouth (must make people wonder what in the heck is wrong with me) but I'm not seeing anything noticeable yet. Maybe it's moving too slow to tell. But, the braces in and of themselves give me another excuse to sass people. Heh...as if I needed any more reasons.... :BigGrin:
You are too funny! I bet you have lots of movement - but it's very hard to tell. I don't think I have much myself - and I too am constantly peering into my mouth as well! LOL. :)

Jerseygirl

#30 Post by Jerseygirl »

Angel269 wrote:Looking great. I hope treatment continues well for you.

I start my journey next Friday and am having ceramic uppers and a removable bite plate too :shock:
Thanks Angel! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your big day and following your journey! Exciting stuff! :)