Shopping list...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

isthistaken

Re: Shopping list...

#16 Post by isthistaken »

In real estate it's location location location and for braces its WaterPik WaterPik WaterPik WaterPik!!! OMG don't delay in getting one like I did. Don't leave it in the box thinking it's too hard to set up and use like I did. It's a breeze to set up and use. If I the all-thumbs can do it, anyone can.

I also got the cordless WaterPik for travel and it's GREAT.

No, I do not work for them, but I should!!! :lol:

anedia

#17 Post by anedia »

Is the cordless one hard to use in public? I mean, does it get water all over the place?
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.

isthistaken

#18 Post by isthistaken »

anedia wrote:Is the cordless one hard to use in public? I mean, does it get water all over the place?
I've only used it on a couple of trips so far in the hotel and as I recall it was a bit unwieldy since it is one piece but I was so glad I had it along and was getting more used to it each time I used it.

I debated whether I should just take my Ultra but it's a bit bulky or get the smaller countertop model for travel, but since I don't travel a great deal the cordless worked fine for me.

kathydell

#19 Post by kathydell »

I totally recommend forgetting the free wax you get at the ortho office and buying the GUM brand that has aloe & vitamin E. Sticks well and has a very light spearmint taste. And just because you get over it in a couple of weeks, don't throw away the wax. You will need it again at various points in your treatment. I agree with everyone who recommends a Waterpik. It is my best friend! I keep hand mirrors, a toothbrush and travel size toothpaste & mouthwash in my car, my purse, my briefcase and my desk drawer. I also recommend the interproximal brushes or the little GUM brand picks. I have those everywhere too. Perfect when you eat but you can't get to a rest room to brush right away. At least you can really quickly pick out anything visible until you can brush.

djspeece

#20 Post by djspeece »

I agree with nearly everything that has been offered. The portable waterpik was a disappointment to me, as it just did not seem to have the horsepower of the waterflosser model waterpik that I have at home, and did not have a sufficient reservoir for the water. Then it fell off my office shelf, and the nozzle snapped off, and long story short it sits on my workbench, broken.
I carry extra elastics in an empty wax container that easily fits into my pocket. I slapped a small piece of duct tape on it so I would recognize this as the one with the elastics. I just like slapping duct tape on things, I guess.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

isthistaken

#21 Post by isthistaken »

djspeece wrote:I agree with nearly everything that has been offered. The portable waterpik was a disappointment to me, as it just did not seem to have the horsepower of the waterflosser model waterpik that I have at home, and did not have a sufficient reservoir for the water. Then it fell off my office shelf, and the nozzle snapped off, and long story short it sits on my workbench, broken.
I carry extra elastics in an empty wax container that easily fits into my pocket. I slapped a small piece of duct tape on it so I would recognize this as the one with the elastics. I just like slapping duct tape on things, I guess.
It's true I did have to refill the cordless a couple of times, but it's better than nothing for occasional use, at least. If I were going to use something daily away from home I would probaby get the smaller WaterPik if an outlet were available.