New Waterpik Fun Times

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DivineDiva

Re: New Waterpik Fun Times

#16 Post by DivineDiva »

I'm ordering a waterpik or sonicare flosser, as soon as I find the best deal, with the best reviews. My original orthodontist said I'd still have to floss, and I didn't think to ask my new one. I still want one because I think it will come in handy, especially when/if my teeth/gums are sensitive, and it's definitely better than nothing, since it looks challenging, to say the least, to care for your teeth, with staining and food getting stuck everywhere, and having to navigate around wires, etc. I think I'm getting crazy, obsessive, paranoid about dental hygiene.

starfish88

#17 Post by starfish88 »

I had a check with my ortho today to see how my hygeine was with braces and I basically have almost given up with string floss because its a disaster and I'm basically relying on my waterpik. Apart from 1 tooth thats almost impossible to floss even without braces due to its location, apparently my flossing (basically just waterpik) is great! So it might not be advised for everyone but my ortho is happy with just waterpik and toothbrushing (electric, regular and christmas tree!), although I have been careful to brush after every meal. My teeth also feel smoother and gums healthier. Waterpik is a great invention, might have to invest in the portable one for travel too!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

BellaBraces

#18 Post by BellaBraces »

I've got the Sonicare and am very happy with it.

NICURN85

#19 Post by NICURN85 »

I am sad now that I won't be able to use my water pik for at least a week or two bc I had two extractions today and I do not want to do anything to the extraction sites bc we all know how the pressure from that waterpik is!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578