I don't know if I should say this but....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dee17

Re: I don't know if I should say this but....

#16 Post by Dee17 »

Oh, that's just so cute! I know you will have a wonderful time there. Have you ever been there before? I spent 3 weeks out in Hawaii with my husband and my parents about 12 years ago. My father was born and raised there and I had been longing to go so I could see the islands "through his eyes". It was the most remarkable trip. So beautiful there!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

kiwibug

#17 Post by kiwibug »

Congrats!!!

Lc1987

#18 Post by Lc1987 »

Congrats!

I felt sooo much relief when i was told i was ready for surgery last month...i cant even begin to think how amazing it must feel to have the brace off and to be finally over with the process.

I'm nearly on two years already....argh, the never ending process!

I hope you're really happy with the results....you'll be smiling so much on your holiday pictures! How exciting!!

Good luck with your debrace day x

- Bottom brace fitted 11/11
- Top brace fitted: 28/03/11
- Bottom wisdom teeth removal op: 10/02/11

anaore

#19 Post by anaore »

Great news.. How does it feel to finally get them removed? I am planning to get invisaligns. What type of braces are you wearing?

marybee

#20 Post by marybee »

Awesome news!!!!! Congratulations...and envious! I just keep thinking the best is yet to come. My next visit is on Valentine's Day so hopefully will get some "sweet news" if I am at the beginning of the end :heart:

Have a great vacation! : :dance:

Tobilei

#21 Post by Tobilei »

marybee wrote:Awesome news!!!!! Congratulations...and envious! I just keep thinking the best is yet to come. My next visit is on Valentine's Day so hopefully will get some "sweet news" if I am at the beginning of the end :heart:

Have a great vacation! : :dance:
Me too! And it's my anniversary. That was smart of me 8)

klobird

#22 Post by klobird »

Thanks guys!

Ana--I have Damon-Q all metal self-ligating braces. Right now I have this weird elastics configuration--triangles close to my front teeth. It is really uncomfortable. I feel like just ripping them out sometimes. I do take them out to eat--that's my self-made rule--so I eat a lot more now!! :wink:

If I think about getting them off too much, I start getting anxious (like anxiety)--will I really get them off--etc--etc..

Then when I do get them off, I will have a permanent wire behind my bottom front 4 teeth. I guess that's pretty normal. They try harder than the top teeth to move back to the original position. Then I will have Essix retainers (sort of like Invisalign) that I have to wear 24/7 for the rest of my life.

Here's a totally unrelated note--I just have to share. For the last 6 months or so, I've told people I'm 57, and really thought so. My birthday's coming up in March and I was doing the figures and realized I'm 56!! :huh: I wasted 6 months of being 56 thinking I am 57!! At my age I can't afford to be older before my time!! GEEEESSSHHHH!!! And people like me get braces?!!! :crazy:

Tobilei

#23 Post by Tobilei »

Hahaha, that's great! Revel in the fact that you've got another whole year of being 57! Better than thinking you're younger than you are :-*

Do you really have to wear the removable retainer for life? I too am getting the top and bottom 4 teeth bonded. I get a 34 hour retainer for 18 months and I assume a removable that only gets worn at night for the rest of my life (if not, I'm asking for that one, don't want to have to do this again!)

TMJJill

#24 Post by TMJJill »

klobird, you crack me up. :D

I know you just couldn't wait until 57... when you were to get your braces off. What a great birthday present to yourself.

I really am excited for you getting your braces off. You've been through a lot during your treatment. And kept laughing the whole time (even if you were crying at times with that forsus.)

Thanks for sharing your retainer plan. I'm still curious about what mine will be. Waiting is tough, but I know we have to take things a step at at time. Getting those braces off is such a huge step though....

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

Dee17

#25 Post by Dee17 »

What a funny story,Klobird! You're right, at our age (I'm 54) we can't afford to age more quickly than we already are! I hope your discovery made you feel better.
My orthodontist told me he would be putting a bonded retainer behind my front teeth but I'm not so sure I want to go that route. I've read too many stories on this forum about the failure rate for those bonded retainers. So, I guess this will be a topic for further discussion with him when we get closer to the removal date.
Love reading your posts!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

belistic10

#26 Post by belistic10 »

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: wow yay!!! congrats :) thats not far off at all, time will fly!!! right before my birthday on the 30th too :BigGrin: i am so hoping i get out of mine earlier than expected, 15mths in possibly as short as 3mths left but could be 9mths more :roll:

Jerseygirl

#27 Post by Jerseygirl »

CONGRATS!!!!! :lol:

I remember you from your user name, so happy for you!

Ceramic uppers and metal lowers
Estimated treatment time: 12-14 months

200books

#28 Post by 200books »

Congratulations!!! :jump:

rhibee83

#29 Post by rhibee83 »

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY congrats!!! that is exciting!!
wish you all the luck when they come out and enjoy your holiday!! great stuff!

:jump: :dance:

Marie45

#30 Post by Marie45 »

Congratulations!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: I've enjoyed following your thread and am excited for you!! Have a wonderful time in Hawaii smiling all the time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: