Braceface Greeting Etiquette

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

quentin

Re: Braceface Greeting Etiquette

#16 Post by quentin »

I was at a diner recently and inquired about soups of the day etc, when the server finally noticed my Damon Clears. She then regaled me with tales of having braces for 3 years and having just removed them several months ago etc. She was probably in her mid-40s, and said she wished she had braces done earlier.

When the check was presented, I realized that my soup was free! :D

(I realize I get a lot of "brace sympathy" from various people, even if they don't currently have braces on)
Braced: 11 Feb 2013
Debraced: 13 Aug 2014
Expected duration: 24 months
Actual duration: 18 months
Damon Clear uppers (all); Damon metal lowers
http://fullmetalpanda.wordpress.com/

rhibee83

#17 Post by rhibee83 »

amyhenna wrote:EricRoyalOak, are you of the Michigan variety? Which Home Depot were you at? I should go there & strike up the same conversation & the guy will think he's in the Twilight Zone (assuming he knows what that is or that the show ever existed, given his age). Did you recruit the compadre to the board? :rawk: :dance:

I recently ran into a couple of braced buddies (buddies in my mind, if not theirs) at Whole Foods at 14 Mile and Orchard Lake Road, but I only saw each of them one time. They were cashiers, which seem to have a high turnover rate there lately, so maybe they've moved on, braces and all.

I love teeth!!!

I took this great picture of myself at lunch with a flosser hanging from dental floss, strung over the wire between my two front brackets. It's a great picture. I hope these things never come off so I can always have this much fun. :lol:
hahaha you are so cute, you never want them to come off? I think you are like the first person I have heard that wants them to stay on forever lol!

WiredJon

#18 Post by WiredJon »

I was in Morocco recently and bumped into two locals who were wearing braces whilst there (oddly, both were waiters/waitresses). I would have said something, but they only seemed to speak French and very small amounts of English, so instead I gave them a smile to show that they weren't alone :tingrin:

EricRoyalOak

#19 Post by EricRoyalOak »

Allen Park, paint department.