Keira Knightley on her crooked teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Matilda

Re: Keira Knightley on her crooked teeth

#16 Post by Matilda »

redwine wrote:I'll be happy if my teeth look that good after braces (and all the rest).
I certainly wouldn't be at peace if my teeth looked like Knightley's after 2 years in braces.

mapleleafman888

#17 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Each to their own, if her teeth don't bother her then that's fine.

As has been mentioned before and I would agree, braces are for more than just straight teeth. Crooked teeth are less attractive to me though.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

TMJJill

#18 Post by TMJJill »

MrsCharisma wrote:Eh. I think many people see adult orthodontics as being purely cosmetic. Uhmm no. There are things you can't see and just because the lay person doesn't understand the importance of bite and alignment, doesn't make it unimportant.

Even relatively straight teeth can be "bad".
I 100% agree with this.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

Anna5

#19 Post by Anna5 »

Matilda wrote:
redwine wrote:I'll be happy if my teeth look that good after braces (and all the rest).
I certainly wouldn't be at peace if my teeth looked like Knightley's after 2 years in braces.

I defnitely would be at peace. One of her teeth may be a little bit crooked, but her arches are great. I think she has nothing to worry about.

Woobster

#20 Post by Woobster »

I agree completely!

People ask me all the time why I got braces. My teeth were straight! However, my bite is off and that is causing a whole slew of other problems (clenching/grinding, cracked teeth, etc.) I didn't get them for cosmetic reasons. I got them so that I won't be wearing dentures in the future.

If Keira Knightly is happy with her teeth and they aren't causing her any issues, more power to her!

burtburgerac

#21 Post by burtburgerac »

I think it's an easy thing for her to say when she has maybe one or two teeth that cross slightly! Its also slightly insulting to those of us who have gone down the route of braces. Never liked her anyway......

MrsCharisma

#22 Post by MrsCharisma »

Woobster wrote:
I agree completely!

People ask me all the time why I got braces. My teeth were straight! However, my bite is off and that is causing a whole slew of other problems (clenching/grinding, cracked teeth, etc.) I didn't get them for cosmetic reasons. I got them so that I won't be wearing dentures in the future.

Exactly!! My dad had a diastema that grew and grew from age 20-50 and the teeth around them started shifting. Now at 56 years old he's losing his 4 front teeth. Uhmm, I do not want to be in my FIFTIES(!!!) losing teeth!

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

Featheryy1221

#23 Post by Featheryy1221 »

I think some people just aren't bothered by having crooked teeth. My dad's in his late 50's and his teeth are crooked and he's never once thought about getting braces. It's his mouth and his decision. I'm sure some people judge him and think, "oh why didn't he get braces?" but you know what, he never wanted to.

I think if she feels that way, good for her. At least she's confident in how she looks. That's really all that matters. It's not our place to say, "oh she should spend her money on braces," because it's not our mouth. Her teeth really aren't that crooked cosmetically speaking. As far as other reasons (bite issues, teeth grinding, ect), maybe she doesn't find it an issue. It's her concern, not ours.

The singer Jewel is notorious for having crooked teeth, but she's said in interviews that she doesn't deal with pain well. And if she doesn't want to deal with pain, who are we to judge her?

I admire people that get braces to fix their teeth for whatever reason, but I also respect people who don't want to get braces.

Just my personal opinion anyway. :) Braces aren't for everyone.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

ljms

#24 Post by ljms »

Very well said! :jump:
Featheryy1221 wrote:I think some people just aren't bothered by having crooked teeth. My dad's in his late 50's and his teeth are crooked and he's never once thought about getting braces. It's his mouth and his decision. I'm sure some people judge him and think, "oh why didn't he get braces?" but you know what, he never wanted to.

I think if she feels that way, good for her. At least she's confident in how she looks. That's really all that matters. It's not our place to say, "oh she should spend her money on braces," because it's not our mouth. Her teeth really aren't that crooked cosmetically speaking. As far as other reasons (bite issues, teeth grinding, ect), maybe she doesn't find it an issue. It's her concern, not ours.

The singer Jewel is notorious for having crooked teeth, but she's said in interviews that she doesn't deal with pain well. And if she doesn't want to deal with pain, who are we to judge her?

I admire people that get braces to fix their teeth for whatever reason, but I also respect people who don't want to get braces.

Just my personal opinion anyway. :) Braces aren't for everyone.