Midline elastics question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

samoorelaw

Re: Midline elastics question

#16 Post by samoorelaw »

Sorry to hear that. Now I have a gap opening back up where the elastic hooks onto the lower tooth (ortho took the power chain off at my adjustment last week). I feel so bad about calling my ortho again to put the power chain back on but if I don't, the gap will get worse. I have a feeling that my ortho's office is tired of all my emergency appointments (I was just there last Thursday due to an archwire coming out of a bracket). Anyone else feel this way whenever you have to have an extra appointment between adjustments? I'm so frustrated: I don't see how my braces are supposed to come off when my bite is now worse than it was before this last adjustment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

samoorelaw

Re: Midline elastics question

#17 Post by samoorelaw »

I went back to the ortho today and he was almost in shock how much my gap opened up on that one tooth and how my bite has opened up on the right side in just NINE days since my last adjustment. So now I'm back in powerchains on the bottom, on the Class III elastic at night only, and now I'm on a triangle configuration that I have to wear 24/7 on the right side of my mouth (joy). The next adjustment, he said he would have me on lingual elastics, something to do with a button on the lingual side of my teeth to try to correct my upper and lower teeth clashing on the left side. Somehow, I'm not too excited about the idea of having a button glued onto the inside of my teeth but anything to fix my bite and quickly...
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!