how long until you could chew food?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sergiobanks001

Re: how long until you could chew food?

#16 Post by sergiobanks001 »

I have a high pain tolerance so after a couple days you have to force yourself to eat and chew so your teeth can get used to it. Yesterday I ate soft tacos. It kind of hurt because cold tortillas aren't exactly the easiest to bite into but it wasn't horrible.

foxpresident24

#17 Post by foxpresident24 »

I have had mine in for less than a week. I have eat obvious stuff like yogurt, applesauce, etc. But I also discovered macaroni and cheese can be good because if you take very small spoonfuls the noodles are small enough to swallow without chewing.

straightteeth

#18 Post by straightteeth »

I got my braces about a month after getting my wisdom teeth removed. When I got them removed, I went on a complete liquid diet for 4 days (I was scared to get anything stuck back there!) which were the worst days of my life! I am a foodie too, and I realized how much chewing could affect the taste of the food. That's why, I never not ate solid food when I first got my braces on :) the pain was definitely worth chewing my food lol

EWUgal15

#19 Post by EWUgal15 »

straightteeth wrote:I got my braces about a month after getting my wisdom teeth removed. When I got them removed, I went on a complete liquid diet for 4 days (I was scared to get anything stuck back there!) which were the worst days of my life! I am a foodie too, and I realized how much chewing could affect the taste of the food. That's why, I never not ate solid food when I first got my braces on :) the pain was definitely worth chewing my food lol
Maybe I'm just a rebel, but I was eating poached eggs and crackers the same day I got my wisdom teeth out...and I had all 4 done surgically. Probably not a smart idea, but I did better having my wisdom teeth out than I did have two premolars extracted for braces. Currently, I have 7 days left to chew food before I go on a 6 week liquid diet post jaw surgery.

MissMaree

#20 Post by MissMaree »

I have only just started to eat solid food again after 2 weeks of braces. I could not bite my back teeth together at first as my front teeth would hit my lower brackets but my teeth have already moved enough that I don't have that problem anymore.