How often do you need to go in for unscheduled repairs?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaime

Re: How often do you need to go in for unscheduled repairs?

#16 Post by jaime »

I've only had to go once for a repair in my 28 months of braces. It wasn't even so much a repair; I thought a bracket on top was knocking the bottom but it wasn't.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

Felina Grimm

#17 Post by Felina Grimm »

I've only had one bracket break, but it was the dentist's fault during a regular checkup. After that, I have gone at least 5 times for either a wire slipping out through the back or a pokey wire. In fact a wire slipped out again, so I have to go on Tuesday because it's Labor Day on Monday. :-(
Sentence: 24 months, months served: 35 months
Traditional Full-Metal Brackets
Top: 9/9/2014
Bottom: 10/15/2014
Debonded: 8/7/2017

carrieann

#18 Post by carrieann »

Once to cut wire. A bracket broke 2 days before my wire change so I just waited. It was attached to a crown which makes for a higher chance to pop off. Or it could have been the bacon I was eating, but I'm going to blame the crown. They glued the heck out of it this time I noticed.

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

megz0501

#19 Post by megz0501 »

So far, I've only had to go in for a repair 1 time. I've had my braces 6 months. I believe it was after my first adjustment. About an hour after my appointment I was eating pizza and my back bracket popped off.