Spacers...again.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nikkiekoala

#16 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I have to get spacers for the second time in 3 weeks :( Not looking forward to it but glad to hear that you are having less of a time of it second time around. Boy I wish I didn't have to do it again.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

mary oregon

Been there, done that and hated spacers.

#17 Post by mary oregon »

Just reading your posts brings back the memory of those evil little guys. I hated spacers big time and they hurt me both times. I had the sevens banded after the sixes and yes they made me want to pull my hair out both times. They hurt the minute they put them in and made me have dreams that someone was pulling out all my teeth. It hurt for about 5 days and then was just a pain getting food stuck in the spaces.
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.

Asia DEE

first time spacers!

#18 Post by Asia DEE »

Hi everyone! im totally new to this, just got my braces/spacers last thursday....my treatment time is said to be 2 year, but i hear that its always longer. but hopefully not,i just have gaps i need closed...anywho..i have spacers on all four back teeth top bottom right left..and its THE WORST PAIN EVER..seriously, i cried trying to eat chicken SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM..ive been eating icecream and juice drinks for 3 days..ONe of my spacers is METal and i just realized it COMPLETELY SEPERATED MY TOOTH, like the spacer is ALL the way between my teeth..the rubber ones havent done that yet..like i said NEw to all this., so if someone could sympathize with me id appreciate it lol

thanks

TumbleDryLow

#19 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I will have my third---that's right---third, set of spacers placed in May. The first time they sucked for a week. The second time the sucked for a few days. I'm hoping they don't suck at all this time.