Whats the record for no movement?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pixie

#16 Post by Pixie »

I noticed a lot of change in the first three months, but now it's been almost seven and it seems like everything's just STOPPED. =/ I haven't noticed any movement at all. I'm so sick of braces...

shinyam

#17 Post by shinyam »

Pixie wrote:I noticed a lot of change in the first three months, but now it's been almost seven and it seems like everything's just STOPPED. =/ I haven't noticed any movement at all. I'm so sick of braces...
DITTO!

diande

#18 Post by diande »

I can't believe I found such an old thread that says exactly what I've been thinking!

Apart from dealing with terrible tea staining that baking soda is only mildly alleviating, I am getting crazy-ish with impatience to see some change in my teeth's positioning! I really wish I can see some dramatic change soon, if even things seem to stop for a while afterwards, lol.
Upper and lower bonded retainers; Upper Hawley for night time

DEBANDED ON FRIDAY 15TH AUGUST 2008 - FINALLY!!!

Braced on 13 September 2006 - Ceramic upper and lower brackets - Estimated time was 12 Months

Kodius Champion

#19 Post by Kodius Champion »

My top teeth, which were braced first, seem to have moved a heck of a lot more in 6 weeks than my bottoms have!

I figured I'd see more movement down there because of the uber-crookedness, but - alas! The pic from August 24th looks pretty darn similar to the one I took tonight.

*sigh*

Gennel

#20 Post by Gennel »

The first 6 weeks nothing really happened and I was upset. Your teeth being loose is a good sign. Once the teeth are loose movement will start soon usually. I used to hear a crunch sound when I bit down and that was my teeth starting to get loose. At 3 12 weeks I noticed amazing progress.
I've had bottom braces for 1.5 months and Ive been on elastics on bottom for 1 month. There has been no movement from elastics but the molars with elastics have finally started loosening up! So I pray that within 2 more months I see movement on bottom. I do understand the old saying " a watched pot never boils" I kept taking photos and decided to only keep pictures that I take once a month. Hang in there,things will happen soon.

Gennel