flossing nightmare

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rebraced

#16 Post by Rebraced »

Ok, so all this time before I got my braces put on I am reading all the threads related to flossing. I was thinking, really how hard is it to floss with braces on? It has been just over a week now since I have my braces and I decided to go to CVS and see about getting some special floss for braces. After deciding on Oral-B Super floss I got home and proceded to do a thourough cleaning.
Let me just say I now have a complete understanding of what a pain it is to floss with braces. It was so time consuming not to mention a few teeth are still sore and there were a few four letter words yelled from the bathroom. I hope with a little practice it will be easier. I did find it to be effective though as I felt much cleaner afterwards.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

Joanne

flossing nightmare

#17 Post by Joanne »

Thanks for all your input. I will try Crest Glide floss, tho' I have had better luck recently with flossing without shredding (Oral B Ortho Super Floss). I've also been able to floss in between my molar bands, which tells me it isn't as tight in between there as it was. Yea!!! :D
~Joanne

bigant63

flossfish, Anyone?

#18 Post by bigant63 »

I'm still conducting trials if you would like to try the flossfish (for free)? I just ask that you leave your input. If you have extreme crowding it may not work well for you but for most people it has saved time. I'm actually about to repost and reopen free trials to archwired members as soon as I get my stats back. to see how it works you can go to http://flossfish.com/instructions.html to request a flossfish I need you to fill out our request form at http://flossfish.com/notificationForm.html?note=notif

jrh37

Glued together teeth

#19 Post by jrh37 »

Anyone have glued together teeth right after being braced?

I got mine on just under a week ago, and just tried to floss for the first time a few days ago. I found that many of my teeth on the bottom were glued together! I have Damon 3's on top and bottom, and it took FOREVER to break the seal between the teeth. Some of them I still have trouble and there is still glue there bonding them together almost. This is not a crowding issue, I think just a too much glue issue.

The glue seems to be all over my teeth and I can't get it off in all the places that I need to so that I can floss, etc. The floss did break through some of them--I have been using the Oral B floss threaders that come in individiual packets. It is easy enough to get under the wire to floss with the threader end. But breaking the seal between the teeth is the problem....

Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?

Thanks.