anyone else looking forward to this?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shelby014

#16 Post by Shelby014 »

i think that i would me happier WITH thicker plastic, it would give me a little more piece of mind, cuz the thicker the plastic, the harder it is to break right? I am just a glitter kind of girl, and plus my ortho has a guarantee on his, if your design or glitter irritates your mouth, he will have a new one made, no glitter, (but you can have color) free of charge. I thought that that was pretty nice. I know what you mean when you say abyss......i have soo much stuff in my purse......i dont put anything in there that i dont want to get bent, crumpled etc etc. LoL I think glow in the dark would come in handy, i mean what if you were looking for it and couldnt find it, all you would have to do is turn off all the lights and boom there it is all glowey!!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

jenns91civic

#17 Post by jenns91civic »

The wires can break too. The thicker the acrylic is, the harder it is to get used to and to talk with. I still lisp with mine and it really isn't that thick. It took me a couple months to notice one side was thicker. The acrylic is *hard* and for some silly reason I had always assumed it was a flexible material. Too bad they can't make them the way I always thought they were, probably more comfortable.

That's cool that your ortho offers that. Since no one can see the colors, glitter, whatever, you can go pretty wild. Might as well I guess. I still prefer braces, except for the small complication of not being able to eat crunchy stuff. I think I'll go grab a caramel apple with nuts all over it...muwahahahaha
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

Shelby014

#18 Post by Shelby014 »

i bet retainers are gonna suck, they probably get all odorey, and i bet they take on the tastes of stuff.......i dont want the bonded retainer, that gonna really be horrible, when i say my teeth are naked, i want them to be truly naked, not half naked, ya know? I just want to be able to take them out.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]