disapointing adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ssfw

#16 Post by ssfw »

Hi Shelby014,

I feel you or your Grandma should call your orthodontist's office to see if they have an opening after the New Year's holiday. If they do and if it is a time convenient for you and your Grandma (if she's driving you), great, you can get the wires clipped and your adjustment at the same time. 11 days is a long time to wait when wire is poking in your cheeks, in the meantime, would placing wax on it help?

Calling for an appointment to fix something that is irritating you sometimes happens when you're having ortho treatment - I'm sure your orthodontist's office gets calls like this often and I'm sure their goal is to help you by making an appt. for you to be seen by the orthodontist/assistant as soon as possible.

Happy New Year!

ssfw
Shelby014 wrote:since we're complaining, i thought i would too.
First off, this huge square wire they put on at my first adjustment is making HUMONGOUS gaps in my bottom teeth, 3 of them to be exact, the first 2 are by my canines and incisor teeth on the botom, they are very big and unattractive when i smile. Second off, they put my appointment 8 week apart, so i need my wire clipped BADLY, but my grandma doesnt want me to go in because she always feels like we are butting in when we call in between. My appointment is Jan 11, but i dont think that i can wait that long, cuz ALL of my wires in the back need clipped, so they are starting to dig holes in my cheeks. I hate having my appointments 8 weeks apart, and i hope that they make them closer together next adjustment.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent!!!
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Way Too Old For This

#17 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Shelby, By all means you should call your orthodontist whenever you have a problem or a question. And CERTAINLY if you have a wire poking you. Sometimes I go back twice in the same day !

I had my first adjustment at 3 months. I go to the ortho every 2 weeks to get an impacted canine re-tied but the first time they changed wires was after 3 months. And I have wire ties and ligs on every single bracket. They said they were putting the ligs on over the wire ties so they would be more comfortable on my lips. After the adjustment, my teeth were so sore I couldn't hardly brush them, but after about a day and a half, they were fine.

I guess what I was trying to get at was that my teeth keep moving even without adjustments. The bottom ones are almost completely straight now.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Shelby014

#18 Post by Shelby014 »

yeah, i have dental sil (actually Macks pillow soft earplugs) on all the back wires that's poking out. I mean i can deal with it no big deal, but i mean it would be nice to be able to go in early, but my ortho's office is REALLY busy, i mean every kid in my school that i know of does to my Ortho, so opening are pretty much not gonna happen, the wax has really helped, i just wanted to vent in my little post, but thanks for caring!!!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

Shelby014

#19 Post by Shelby014 »

ur guys are probably right of course, but i mean if my grandma doesnt want me going in, thats end of discussion. I mean it hasnt got to the i'm gonna die cuz it hurts, but if it does get there she'll be the first to hear about it!!! :D The wax in doing a really good job of letting the sores heal, and i use biotene, and magic mouthwash to help the sores heal too. I might call tomorrow to see if they can slip me in, and if they are really busy i'll tell em nevermind, well thanks you guys for replying!!!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]