Nominations, worst foods to eat

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Megera_S

#16 Post by Megera_S »

Ahhhh rice is a bad one (which is a shame because i loooooove rice)... Steamed broccoli is pretty terrible too..
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months

TessaLeoni

#17 Post by TessaLeoni »

cereals...IMHO the worst braces breakfast ever!

Merry X-Mas everybody!
*B*Day: 2/7/2005
White Ceramics on Uppers and Lowers

wating4braces

#18 Post by wating4braces »

Rice IS horrible. I had eaten chinese at a mall and then had a bunch of sweet cookies and a frappachino, and only THEN did all the rice start dislodging from a bunch of hiding places. Yuck! Rice after sweet stuff is pretty gross. I also have that lovely water squirter affect. On thanksgiving I accidentally drooled and my younger cousin was looking at me like i had 3 heads. :oops:

Katie

LoobyLou

#19 Post by LoobyLou »

Chinese food has to be on the top-ten list. You have the pleasure of the seaweed wrapping itself around the archwire and brackets :paperbag: , the beansprouts hiding in any nook or cranny :soremouth: , the aromatic duck wedging itself in between the small gaps and the wire and just to make doubly sure there are no gaps left the bready prawn toast gunks up any further available spaces :FeelSick: .

Oh yeah then you have the chinese chicken or lamb curry to change your once-transparant powerchains to a pretty fluorescent yellow. BEAUTIFUL. :-}

LoobyLou x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Al Carter

#20 Post by Al Carter »

Rice has got to be the worst - having had two extractions, the little rice grains love lodging there and in the brace at the back of my mouth.
I actually love eating pizze because it is soft - I won't touch the crust.
Anything I've to bite with my front teeth is a huge no-no - a knife and fork is my best friend.

I was at a party on Saturday night that had loads of bowls of nibbles and usually I would have loaded up on nuts etc but as I was socializing, I did not eat anything because I knew that I could easily end up with stuff hanging from my braces - a great way to avoid holiday overeating.
Work to live
Live to bike
Bike to work

metalmouth moi

drool

#21 Post by metalmouth moi »

I agree Loubie and Al Chineese is tough !! Was sporting a lovely bean sprout and rice grin Sat night :lol:

Waiting 4[quote]On thanksgiving I accidentally drooled and my younger cousin was looking at me like i had 3 heads.

I can empathisize !! Supper at my sisters Sun night and plop, right out of the blue drool on my sweater :oops: . What witty comment do I make ??" Oh , I just drooled hahaha" My Sister just gave me a weird look but my 2 yr old neice thought it was funny .
Moi
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05

cookie

#22 Post by cookie »

Metal Mouth Guy wrote:Flour Tortillas...

Worse than bread for gumming up. And one of my favorite starches unfortunately.

MMG
I'm thirding (or fourthing!) this - I LOVE these - one of my fave foods is chicken fajitas, and I quite often have flour tortillas filled with grated cheese, ham and sald for lunch, but not if I'm not near my toothbrush!

Otherwise broccolli, and rice krispies (but these are ok, cos noone sees me eat breakfast so I can brush and get rid of them all).

I LOVE bagels too - when we were in NY earlier this year, I had scrambled egg and cheese on onion bagel for breakfast, and that was a bit tricky to eat.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

cookie

#23 Post by cookie »

Oh, and sneaky bits of cheddar cheese from the fridge when I'm standing there wondering what I can eat :oops: Pre-braces my husband never knew I was eating bits of cheese on the cly, but now I'm braced, it's stuck there on my brackets for him to see :oops:
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

swan

#24 Post by swan »

I eat the rice anyway, I have sushi at least every other week. Afterwards I sit there squishing the water around my mouth like crazy to dislodge most of the rice.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

HeadgearJoe

stichk foods in braces

#25 Post by HeadgearJoe »

cheerios for riding on my train tracks at breakfast have to chase those suckers , an oh yea lets not forget CHEESE PUFF'S an or CHEESE BALLS an peanut butter , an i like them all , HEADGEARJOE
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

wating4braces

#26 Post by wating4braces »

Omg cheeseballs are disgusting- ESPECIALLY for you poor people that have expanders (I've just gotten mine off!!! :D) I thought it would be ages before it came out, but I've found if you just sit down for 20 or 30 mins and read or something then you automatically pick it all out and i went to go brush my teeth and they were already mostly clean!

Katie

calley03

#27 Post by calley03 »

I just got braced yesterday morning, and at this point everything is a challenge. I ate bean soup tonight and was trying not to get anything stuck. I have not drank wwwithout a straw yet, but still don't have the suction thing down to a tee. I am making mental note of all these bad foods....
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

hannah164

#28 Post by hannah164 »

I totally agree that Chinese food is a nightmare with braces especially the rice! :( I went on a fieldtrip with my Mandarin 2 class and I had no time with a mirror privately to clean my teeth afterward and I could totally feel all of the food lodged in there! :shock: I just hope no one noticed! :roll: :wink:

Brocoli is also bad! Nuts are really bad because they poke you in the gums! Ouch! I love nuts! :x

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

H Rogers

#29 Post by H Rogers »

Any pasta dishes with little pieces of Oregano. My husband and I went out to eat at an Italian restaurant and I ordered a penne pasta dish that had oregano, well the waiter came by and asked if we needed anything and I had already swished with water so I smiled at him feeling confident that there was nothing growing in my teeth :shock: ..... WRONG...... a bunch of little pieces of oregano were stuck on my brackets. :oops: My husband was laughing and telling me how funny it was. :lol: I smile now at a restaurant but don't show teeth. I learned my lesson. :D

michael33

#30 Post by michael33 »

Crunchy extra thick peanut butter on hard rolls served with fresh carrots & an apple.