How do *you* cope with the pain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mtbrncofn

#16 Post by mtbrncofn »

TuZZi wrote:My teeth haven't really "hurt" yet persay.... they are more of an annoyance that is always there. My mouth is always a bit achy in the morning, probably from sleeping with my mouth wide open, but after a half hour or so it's back to normal. Other than a dull ache every once and a while from a banded tooth, or a severely crowded front one, there hasn't been much pain from the teeth themselves. But my cheeks *OWIE* there's a whole other story.

Good thing things haven't been so bad so far.... I can't swallow pills and usually don't get any relief from any kind of liquid medicine, no matter the ailment.
Isn't it funny how one thing can bother one person terribly but for another it's not a big deal and something completely different sends them through the roof?

I haven't had hardly any cheek problems. Yeah, I've gotten the holes and sores, but they just don't really bother me. Nothing like the agony of having your teeth move a mile in 24 hours. ( at least that's how it feels! )
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Chris

#17 Post by Chris »

I didn't have intolerable pain until I got my elastics. How do I cope? I yanked the things off!! Yeah, I know there will be HELL to pay at my next visit! :lol:

One tooth edge seems to be hitting the top tooth while the rest are barely touching. I guess he'll shave it down some. I don't want a tramatized tooth.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Teigyr

#18 Post by Teigyr »

Tequila!!! Preferably Patron Respado. I tell you, it works wonders!

:D

blaat

#19 Post by blaat »

A lot of ice cream and chilled alcoholic beverages :P . No seriously, cold things ease up the gums and the teeth. Sometimes it feels like my teeth are heating up because of the pressure and it is a bless to drink something cold when that happens. For the rest i don't do wax and painkillers, i tried it but it doesn't work for me. The best thing is to toughen up the inside of your cheeks and your gums by NOT using wax, it sucks at first but it will get better in no-time.

Btw: merry x-mas!
Uppers: Permanent retainer + hawley (night)
Lowers: Permanent retainer

Debanded since the 16th of Jan.