Who has white wire vs. metal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

littleshaddies

#16 Post by littleshaddies »

My first wires were so thin silver. people were not able to see them unless I got very close to their faces. Now I have heavy metal wires, I notice them and the people I have told about my braces notice them too. most important thing is my teeth notice them as well. I have seen so much improvement since the heavy wires are in so I just simply forget that you can notice them more.
As for the view on the white wire that chips, bad enough to worry about ligs stains.
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

weird_wired

#17 Post by weird_wired »

littleshaddies wrote:My first wires were so thin silver. people were not able to see them unless I got very close to their faces. Now I have heavy metal wires, I notice them and the people I have told about my braces notice them too. most important thing is my teeth notice them as well. I have seen so much improvement since the heavy wires are in so I just simply forget that you can notice them more.
As for the view on the white wire that chips, bad enough to worry about ligs stains.
This exactly mirrors my own experience! I have enough to do with worrying about the ligs staining, a metal wire - thick or thin - is fine by me.

violinist

white wire

#18 Post by violinist »

my friend/ guidence counciler has the clear ceramic braces on hner top row and she has the braided ties that braid like brade ties from one bracket to another and in some places over her archwire and her brackets are white her ties are white and so isnt the archwire.

smile2006

#19 Post by smile2006 »

Out of curiousity are they simply painted white or is it a heavier coating? I have ceramic and like the idea of the white wires. I asked about them at my ortho office and one of the asisstants said they don't use them because they chip and they aren't as strong. So maybe there is a point when no one with ceramics can use them :?:

I have had heavier wires for some time but recently got a very light wire on the top because of a high molar in the back that was finally tied in. I will say, the very thin wire is nearly invivisble.....quite a change.

lionfish

#20 Post by lionfish »

Lyn, I'm confused. Your ticker, etc. says that your braces came off 17 days ago and that you're now in retainers. What's the story here?

I've never had anything but metal wires on my ceramics; white wires simply weren't offered. The current wire is noticeable to me, particularly because it has bends in it. I'm sort of not fussed about it really.

A friend who recently had her braces removed (saw her last night, she looks fantastic and I'm SOOOOOOO envious!) had metal wires too and to moe they were quite discreet. So I guess we may notice it more on ourselves than we do on others.

lionfish

#21 Post by lionfish »

Duh! Silly me!

Makes note to self: read YEAR of post.

lionfish

#22 Post by lionfish »

I should have twigged when I read, "my appointment is next Tuesday, 1/3...". Next Tuesday is still November!

Maybe I had too much sun today. :lol:

lionfish

#23 Post by lionfish »

KK wrote:
On Topic ... something I noticed ... coz I got up so early, and was in a rush, I never did my salt water rinse. By the time we got back home ... I'm guessing it was around 6 am ... my elastics appeared to be making my mouth feel dry. Of course I don't know if it was the salt water, but I did the rinse, went to bed, got up about four hours back and all is good again! Phew the relief! :banana:
What I want to know, KK, will salt water rinses work for a hangover?

Well done on the rugger win. Perishing All Blacks.

cowlypso

#24 Post by cowlypso »

I'm thinking that perhaps it was the "celebrating" that is causing the dry mouth, rather than skipping the rinse... Be sure to drink lots of water!