*cries* I want mustard!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kittysopretty

#16 Post by Kittysopretty »

Thanks Wren! I will check that out!

For me, I have noticed that things yellow and chocoalte have been the worst culprits. I have not had either since I got fresh ligs on the 28th (changed them myself) and yet I had BBQ, bing cherries, coffee (with a straw) - still clear!!

wiredinLA

#17 Post by wiredinLA »

Hi Kitty -

I just got braced today so I am not expert, but I got grey/silver ligs and I'm amazed how well they blend in. I had been reading on the boards how clear stains very easily and to me that defeated the purpose of getting ceramic brackets.
I was about to do wire ties, but though "what the heck! let me try silver" They did one, let me look in the mirror and when I saw how barely noticable it was, I asked for all silver. Honestly (and I am my own worst critic) you cannot tell at all. The silver blends in very nicely with the wire and b/c they are "color" they won't stain.
If your ortho won't do wire ties, try grey/silver.
(I'll post a pic of the silver ligs in my brace story post later today)

Mmmmm... curry!
*~*~*~* WiredinLA *~*~*~*
Top braced (ceramics) : Jan. 9, 2006
3rd Adjustment: May 24th, 2006

Kittysopretty

#18 Post by Kittysopretty »

cool, I'd love to see the pics of silver ligs!!

Flora2006

#19 Post by Flora2006 »

I just got ceramic braces on top today and i have clear ligs...now i'm scared of drinking coffee and I'm a HUGE coffee drinker...i do have my first adjustment due in 3 weeks though so i guess it wouldn't be too bad...so silvers are really not that noticeable?

wiredinLA

#20 Post by wiredinLA »

Here is the link to my braces story. Pics of my silver ligs are on page 1.

viewtopic.php?p=62176#62176
*~*~*~* WiredinLA *~*~*~*
Top braced (ceramics) : Jan. 9, 2006
3rd Adjustment: May 24th, 2006