Help the Braced-to-Be Plan for Pain-Free Eating!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jesslzz 01

#16 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Great post jrbecca!
I'll probably get my braces around january the 20th, so we are having the same doubts now. :)
I think that with all this advice and support we'll be ok!
Really useful ideas...I will try them out. :wink:

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

jrbecca

#17 Post by jrbecca »

Jesslzz 01 wrote:Great post jrbecca!
I'll probably get my braces around january the 20th, so we are having the same doubts now. :)
I think that with all this advice and support we'll be ok!
Really useful ideas...I will try them out. :wink:
I'm glad this thread helped you, too! I went to the grocery store yesterday and stocked up on some softer foods. I'm also trying to eat as much of the soon-to-be forbidden foods as I can, before receiving my spacers this week (e.g. steak, corn on the cob, etc.). Preparing to eat softer foods has actually given me a wonderful opportunity to try new foods that I might otherwise have passed on, such as couscous, fish and different soups.

I'll be interested to learn about how your treatment is going since you'll be receiving your braces just a day after I receive mine. Best of luck! I hope to see you on the boards!

Please join me on my orthodontic journey at: http://jrbecca.blogspot.com/

jrbecca

#18 Post by jrbecca »

*Duplicate post deleted*

Please join me on my orthodontic journey at: http://jrbecca.blogspot.com/

Jesslzz 01

#19 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Hi jrbecca!

Yes, great to see we are almost there. I had my extractions done yesterday and my ortho surprised me by telling me that if everything goes well, (my extractions were very good) I will be finally braced in my next appointment! That will be next monday! :D

I originally estimated the B-day to be around the 20th (I had some delays), but since everything is going ok now, I might be braced before expected!
So I will have to go shopping again..ice cream has become my best friend, it helps a lot to ease the awful feeling post-extractions, and since I'm not eating almost anything else, I don't count the calories :lol:

Good luck to you too, and I hope to see you around here and share experiences!!!
Jess

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

camerabuff

#20 Post by camerabuff »

Thanks for all the info I get my braces in 1 day, I really havent thought of how things will be for the first while. I had my wisdom teeth out 1 month ago and it sounds like the same way I had to eat then. I'm getting kind of scared I'm getting them on top and bottom at the same time. :shock:
Wish me Luck! :)