For anyone still deciding! (with pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MadeIn1984

#16 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Your progress is staggering and inspiring! I hope this urges others to get on board with treatment - I don't know what else could! :D
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

angel_guitar

#17 Post by angel_guitar »

I got a new thicker wire today......it feels like the first day again!! :( oh the pressure! hopefully I'll only feel like this for a few days.....will take more pics soon.

Flora2006

#18 Post by Flora2006 »

I hope you feel better soon!!! Your teeth are amazing though, I hope I see that much change in 11 weeks!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Harpua

Treatment time

#19 Post by Harpua »

Angel, thanks so much for posting! My teeth have VERY similar crowding and seeing your progress is very encouraging. The extraction gaps seem to be helping quite a bit. My estimated treatment time is 18-24 months, but I have been extremely skeptical. What was your treatment time estimated to be?

Lexy

#20 Post by Lexy »

Beautiful! Congrats!!! :)
Braced: June 2005
Treatment Time: 30 months
Metal on Top and Bottom

Leslie022

#21 Post by Leslie022 »

Awesome! Hopefully things will continue to progress as fast as it is now!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Aurelia

#22 Post by Aurelia »

WOW!!!

Thanks, your pics are defo the inspiration I needed!!!

Cheers :D
All good things come to those that wait

angel_guitar

#23 Post by angel_guitar »

ok i have pics now.....
Harpua....my treatment was estimated at 2 years.....hopefully it doesn't acctually take that long.

Joanna20

#24 Post by Joanna20 »

OMG! That's GREAT progress for 11 weeks!!!! I'm so surprised! If I had any doubts before, I DON'T have any now!
It's unbelievable!!! Keep us posted! When is ur treatment finished? How old r u?
Take care and congrats,
Joe :D

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

hannah164

#25 Post by hannah164 »

OH My Frickin' Goodness! THat is absolutely amazing progress, especially for only 14 weeks! Congratulations! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana: :jump:

Wow! I wish I had had half as much progress as you in 22 months! :shock: Not fair! :x

Good luck! KEep us posted!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment is 2/1/06 where they will bond a bracket to my cuspid which was impacted!!!!

belmikry

#26 Post by belmikry »

I just wanted to say your pictures/story really make me feel confident I'll have some progress- especially since it looks like you have the damon's I have, and the same problem on your right top side [the one tooth behind the lowers] so for me to look at those gives me hope, especially since i'm only on day two- and sooo sore and self conscious about my smile- thanks! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

angel_guitar

#27 Post by angel_guitar »

they said that it will take around 2 years. I'll be getting elastics in a few months once the teeth are all straightend up. I'm 19... turning 20 later this year. I myself am amazed at how fast my teeth have moved, I know that it's definately because of the self ligating brackets. The braces that I got are called Damon 3's ....there's info about them on this website.....

http://www.robisonsmiles.com/damon/StartDamonWeb.html

jennielee81

#28 Post by jennielee81 »

they said that it will take around 2 years. I'll be getting elastics in a few months once the teeth are all straightend up. I'm 19... turning 20 later this year. I myself am amazed at how fast my teeth have moved, I know that it's definately because of the self ligating brackets. The braces that I got are called Damon 3's ....there's info about them on this website.....

http://www.robisonsmiles.com/damon/StartDamonWeb.html
OMG, Angel_Guitar !!! That's MY orthodontist!!!

Very Kool!!!!

edited once to add quote and again to fix a typo
Last edited by jennielee81 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Dodger(UK)

#29 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Looks like he knows his stuff - Amazing progress, angel_guitar ;)

sunluvr

#30 Post by sunluvr »

Congratulation! They look great. It is soooo worth it, isn't it?