Orthodontist

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Svensk Tiger

#16 Post by Svensk Tiger »

My ortho does all the work, the assistant just passes her ligs and stuff! I have a vague memory of this being mentioned before and it seemed that this was typical of orthodontists in the U.K. If anyone knows any different though do feel free to put me right! :D
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

ssfw

#17 Post by ssfw »

Hi Flora2006,

At my orthodontists' office, the assistant does most of the work, but the orthodontist always checks the work. There are about 10 assistants and I've had 3 appts. and have not had the same assistant. They have all been very kind and gentle. I am hoping the other assistants are just as kind and gentle. To be honest with you, I was initially a bit hesitant about the assistants doing most of the work - I knew about this because my friends' kids went to this office and their teeth look great. My friend had also told me the ortho always checks the work done. I was still a a bit hesitant but because of the outcome of the kids ortho treatment and after meeting the orthodontist who is such a kind and bright person, I decided to proceed with ortho tratment at their office and have been very pleased (and I hope it continues).

I think alot of it depends on how well-trained the assistant is.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08